own up if you wanted Ireland out last season thread

Guilty but in my defense it was more to do with his behaviour off the field than his football ability. He was always a talented player but I thought he'd be one of those that just throws it away and so when Sunderland apparently offered £8m I'd have sold him. All the credit goes to Ireland though, the way he worked hard over the summer and the way he's behaving and performing now is a brilliant story and I'm absolutely delighted he's here. That of course is probably down to Hughes so well done to him for sticking by Stevie when it appeared he was gonna be sold.

I never doubted Superman myself i could just always see the quality. He did have bad games last year but there were times when i think he was just sublime. What gets me though many a time last year there was a thread saying how shit Ireland was, but there was also a thread made on the exact same day just after the match stating how brilliant he was.

Thats one thing i've never understood, how a bunch of people can watch a match and one lot think a player did great and another lot think he was absoloutly shite.

i was`nt a big fan, because of his inconsistant performances last season.
i stand shamed.
my match day mates slate me now, weekly, rightly so.

I was always fully in the Ireland support camp, he was playing well for ireland (when he played) and played quite well the first half of last season (second half the whole team were shite but he seemed to be the target, probably because of his off feild stuff as well) so i always thought he would come good, or would be a good back up player.....but i never saw this transformation coming, i though he needed to be more consistant but to be the 'playmaker' in this squad of players is some going for the lad......

I didnt think he was brilliant but I could see potential. Now hes one of our absolute best players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.