P & O

yep of course it was - no fucking way would I board one of their ferries
Safety ? I was retired 16 months and called back to a ship i had 12years experience on and had to take a weeks induction before I could take on the role of nightman.

Bankrupt the bastards - reputational damage done - people would rather queue for hours than risk it on potentially unsafe vessels crewed by poorly paid crew

I had some dealings with P&O quite a few years ago and they were doing anything to save money back then. Once again it was a case of shafting the experienced local workers.
Bravo @paulchapo for banging the drum

We were in France last week and were looking for a last minute ferry back, unfortunately Irish Ferries and the other ones were too expensive so much to my dismay we had to go for these lot. It was an evening sailing at 20:40, was delayed an hr from Calais even though nobody could tell us why and we only found out when we got to the port itself that it may even be 2hrs. Going on Twitter their account just replied to someone saying 'Operational issues'.

You could see the people working with the high-vis jackets had no clue what they were doing, i was worried whether i'd even be parked in the right place even though it's near impossible to fuck that up! Half the lifts weren't working, considering we had a pushchair that made things difficult so we had to go to the other end of the ship to get onto the deck. Sign posting is shit, nobody about so we had no idea which deck we were supposed to go to. The guys working the cafe had no idea what they were doing, massive line to get a coffee and even though it said it was Starbucks, the guy serving told me it was INSTANT powder?! They were constantly asking the customers to reach over to the shelves and pick something up for them, rather than do it themselves. The kids section is tiny, on Irish Ferries on the way out it was great, a full play area with TV's where the kids can go wild for a bit. These guys had a couple chairs, a sofa, a tv that didn't work, a touch screen that didn't work and little to no activities for them. All of this underlined with it smelling of shit everywhere. They're def gonna go bust, it's just a matter of time.

We travelled this June Hull to Rotterdam booked last year. We were a little worried whether the sailing would go ahead at first, but in fairness the crew who were all from the Philippines were efficient and very polite. We tipped them at the bar and then i casually asked if they got the tip? The lady replied that they used to for the first week or so but then P and O decided that the company should keep all the tips. So not only are they getting paid a pittance stingy P and O are keeping their tips. The ferry was huge and virtually empty.

I used P&O in June going from Dover to Calais and back and although concerned over the recent staffing issues and problems at Dover in general, our experience was absolutely fine. Our trip to Calais went on time, no issues getting on or off and no problems with any of the staff on board. Coming back, it was even better, although the number of passengers must have been well under 50% of capacity. Perhaps running at full capacity with much less room in the lounges etc would have led to a much more stressful experience and bigger chance of delays.

All that being said, I was pretty stuck with not being able to get a refund, and in future will probably look to book with DFDS first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.