Pab Zab on twitter

Latest tweet from him thanks the fans for their kind words and that it makes him happier then today's hot weather!

Love the guy, he's a true gent a real pro

AustinBlue said:
california blue said:
Another signing from leslie comes good....got to admit his record in the market is top notch. Bar RSC :/

Mancio needs to catch up. Guess the time to judge is at the end of next season after everyone has a year under their belts.

Hughes hurt us in the transfer market. Lescott at over 20 mill? Marwood runs scouting. Cook weighs in for business. The manager gets a significant voice, and gets to "insist" on certain players. Hughes insisted on RSC and Lescott at any price - those are Hughes signings. Zab wasn't a Hughes signing- that was about our scouts and much more about Marwood wanting to build in true squad players who fit a team concept. Much more like Scholes and Giggs at the other lot.

Marwood joined City in Feb 2009, six months after Zab joined.

AustinBlue said:
california blue said:
Another signing from leslie comes good....got to admit his record in the market is top notch. Bar RSC :/

Mancio needs to catch up. Guess the time to judge is at the end of next season after everyone has a year under their belts.

Hughes hurt us in the transfer market. Lescott at over 20 mill? Marwood runs scouting. Cook weighs in for business. The manager gets a significant voice, and gets to "insist" on certain players. Hughes insisted on RSC and Lescott at any price - those are Hughes signings. Zab wasn't a Hughes signing- that was about our scouts and much more about Marwood wanting to build in true squad players who fit a team concept. Much more like Scholes and Giggs at the other lot.

Zab was a Hughes signing mate. He watched him whilst at Blackburn. This is from Guillame Ballague.....

"I was sat alongside the Man City coach, and Mark Bowen, a while back - when Hughes was at Blackburn - and the pair were scouting the player in an Espanyol match against Atletico Madrid at Montjuic.
Hughes was taking lots of notes throughout the game and asked me all sorts of questions about the player, wanting to know absolutely everything I knew about him. I know Hughes was particularly impressed with the quality of the 23 year old's forward runs, his strength and character out on the pitch."

Well the strength and character sounds right but the forward runs?

I love Zab. Committed, gets stuck in and plays like a fan would. Tough call though between him and Richards for the final. Hard to leave Zab out and I would play him instead of Kolarov at left back with Richards down the right.

unexpected item said:
AustinBlue said:

Marwood joined City in Feb 2009, six months after Zab joined.

Aside from that, it was a good point :). I still think Hughes personally pushed for some overpriced and not effective players. Credit for the Kompany / De Jong / Zab trifecta has to lie in part with our scouting.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:10 pm --<br /><br />
MCC said:
AustinBlue said:

I can tell you that Mark Hughes has been monitoring the Argentine full back for some time: I was sat alongside the Man City coach, and Mark Bowen, a while back - when Hughes was at Blackburn - and the pair were scouting the player in an Espanyol match against Atletico Madrid at Montjuic.

Zab was a Hughes signing mate. He watched him whilst at Blackburn. This is from Guillame Ballague.....

"Hughes was taking lots of notes throughout the game and asked me all sorts of questions about the player, wanting to know absolutely everything I knew about him. I know Hughes was particularly impressed with the quality of the 23 year old's forward runs, his strength and character out on the pitch."

Well the strength and character sounds right but the forward runs?

I love Zab. Committed, gets stuck in and plays like a fan would. Tough call though between him and Richards for the final. Hard to leave Zab out and I would play him instead of Kolarov at left back with Richards down the right.

I believe you. But how do you see Zab, and also think, "Tal Ben Haim, now that'll be the backbone of a dynamic team."

Just changed the structure of the paragraph as I copied it wrong. I wasn't sat next to Hughes by the way. Guillame Ballague said that bit but I copied it wrong!

However, I was with Twitcher at the game and tucking into the triffic Paella!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.