Pablo Maffeo - 2016/2017 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Words can't describe sounds rather melodramatic. I mean what has Maffeo done as in what makes him different than any other youth product and especially the ones who have spend a lot more years at our academy and are from the Manchester region?
And rather than sounding like a doom-monger, why don't you see this happening? I mean other than the lad got 95 minutes in a derby at Old Shitford (hardly like been given a chance now is it?), what has Maffeo done for you to be sure Maffeo won't be given another chance?
Maybe you should just walk up to the CFA, put your arms around the lad and tell him to pack his bag and move to another club. Or ask the board to sack Pep because he won't give Maffeo a chance. Seriously mate, I mean se-ri-ous-ly.
What on earth are you going on about? I want Maffeo to start tonight, but I don't think he will. What's wrong with that?

What on earth are you going on about? I want Maffeo to start tonight, but I don't think he will. What's wrong with that?

Words can't describe how much I'd love to see Maffeo given a chance. I don't see it happening but how amazing would it be!!
Or ...
I want Maffeo to start tonight, but I don't think he will.

You see the difference? No melodrama. No doom-monging. And it's clear that you mean the game tonight.

As for playing Maffeo, I'd say leave it to the manager and his assistents who spend time with the player every day. Maffeo's time will come if he keeps developing like he has been. If he is starting tonight, fantastic. If he plays another great game and makes the position his, again fantastic. If the latter happens some time in the future, it'll still fantastic. As for tonight I just hope we win. Playing a good game will be a bonus although it will be something Pep wants to achieve anyhow, and tobh I don't give a shet what 11 players are starting as long as they do the job.

My main disappointment so far this season besides us wasting so many chances is Maffeo hardly getting a sniff of first team football. Pep gets praised on bringing through youth players but he seems very reluctant with us. I mean the kid plays out of his skin against the rags, holding off players twice his size and strength, making the most expensive player in the world look like a Sunday league player and he hasn't even made the bench since that game.

This was the perfect time to give him some games with Sagna injured and Zaba's body unable to manage as many games as it used to and instead Pep even resorted to sticking Fernando at RB. We were even considering spending £50+ million on Bellerin until he signed a new contract with Arsenal.

The fact he doesn't even make the bench after a brilliant pre season and game against the rags just doesn't sit right with me and I don't think it sends a good message to the kids in the academy either. I know It's sacrilege on here to criticise Pep but I worry the kid is never gonna develop if we only give him like 3 cup games a year.

My main disappointment so far this season besides us wasting so many chances is Maffeo hardly getting a sniff of first team football. Pep gets praised on bringing through youth players but he seems very reluctant with us. I mean the kid plays out of his skin against the rags, holding off players twice his size and strength, making the most expensive player in the world look like a Sunday league player and he hasn't even made the bench since that game.

This was the perfect time to give him some games with Sagna injured and Zaba's body unable to manage as many games as it used to and instead Pep even resorted to sticking Fernando at RB. We were even considering spending £50+ million on Bellerin until he signed a new contract with Arsenal.

The fact he doesn't even make the bench after a brilliant pre season and game against the rags just doesn't sit right with me and I don't think it sends a good message to the kids in the academy either. I know It's sacrilege on here to criticise Pep but I worry the kid is never gonna develop if we only give him like 3 cup games a year.
It's his first season with the senior team, he needs to be brought in slowly. We did the same with Nacho and Pellegrini got dogs abuse on here over it but it was the right thing to do. Guardiola has said he wants to bring the young players in when the team is playing well and getting results, we're not doing either consistently at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.