Pablo Maffeo - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia loaned out David Silva for two seasons when he was 18 and 19. In retrospect they probably thought the second loan was a mistake, he was good enough to play plenty of first team football and became an international the following season. But he made 70 starts during those two seasons which surely must have benefited him when he did become a first team regular.

I hope that many of our youngsters return to the club after making us regret that we loaned them out. Much better than that they come back and we're still not sure about them.

A young Zabba!

Absolutely had Leroy on toast a couple of times with his trickery. Gotten far more physically developed now as well. I'm happy he's going to be going up against quality in La Liga this season - can only make him mentally and physically stronger.

IMO he'll be in our first team squad next year. Danilo has himself stated he's there to play any of 3 positions, so I don't see this as a roadblock to Pablo's involvement in our squad next year

Valencia loaned out David Silva for two seasons when he was 18 and 19. In retrospect they probably thought the second loan was a mistake, he was good enough to play plenty of first team football and became an international the following season. But he made 70 starts during those two seasons which surely must have benefited him when he did become a first team regular.

I hope that many of our youngsters return to the club after making us regret that we loaned them out. Much better than that they come back and we're still not sure about them.
This. Keeping them here on the bench does no one any good.

A young Zabba!

Absolutely had Leroy on toast a couple of times with his trickery. Gotten far more physically developed now as well. I'm happy he's going to be going up against quality in La Liga this season - can only make him mentally and physically stronger.

IMO he'll be in our first team squad next year. Danilo has himself stated he's there to play any of 3 positions, so I don't see this as a roadblock to Pablo's involvement in our squad next year

But Pep himself said we bought Danilo as an alternative to Dani Alves.

And we will propably buy a LB, therefore Danilo will only have one position to fill which is RB.

But Pep himself said we bought Danilo as an alternative to Dani Alves.

And we will propably buy a LB, therefore Danilo will only have one position to fill which is RB.
Thinking in the future though, I can easily see this as Toure and Dinho's last season, with that happening I think Danilo can be transitioned into the midfield as a destroyer, his pace and stamina and good footballing ability overall makes him suited for this role. That would free up Maffeo to come back.

Wouldn't be much of a regret if we bring back a loanee who is good enough. Loans CAN be amazing for players, I think this gets lost sometimes with people wanting us to play youth, at a young age players just need to play, staying as a squad player and getting a few minutes here and there doesn't help your development. I think Diaz should be loaned to Girona, he won't get any minutes here as there is alot of attacking options, and Girona would surely play one of our best academy prospects.

Maffeo played exceptional but seeing him toasting Sane is moot because Sane is a forward and he is just that bad defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.