Pablo Maffeo

Liverpoo have Arnold Trent who is turning into a decent player.
I believed Maffeo had better potential.

Saw him own Ronaldo in a game where they beat Real this season.

One missed. But best of luck to the lad.

Be better than what we have. We're not a charity
Would much rather see Maffeo given a chance than Danilo, despite the fact that Danilo has done well the two last games. Maffeo is 6 years younger, and even if Danilo is a little bit better right now, I'm 100% sure Maffeo will turn out to be way better than Danilo

It used to bother me this but to stay at the top you have to be a young player with something special bit like Foden and Diaz who Pep has handled well this season with regarding there age. Also I love the buy back clauses so if they really push on we have first refusal.

Would much rather see Maffeo given a chance than Danilo, despite the fact that Danilo has done well the two last games. Maffeo is 6 years younger, and even if Danilo is a little bit better right now, I'm 100% sure Maffeo will turn out to be way better than Danilo

We've just won a double with 100 points using Danilo as our second choice right back.

I'd say that just about vindicates Pep.

The heart's disappointed but the head says it's a good decision. We're not interested in Maffeo unless he turns out to be world class. He won't develop into that player unless he plays week in week out. We're not likely to sell Danilo a year after signing him, so he's not going to get enough playing time here next season.

Let him have a couple of seasons, and if he's really as good as all that we can buy him back cheaply.

It's not the same as Foden or Diaz, who are competing for more places. There's no point in overloading on full backs.

I do not think it as simple as we may feel at first. His contract has 1 year, our backs are pretty damn good and have 4-5 years in them each. Pep may have decided an entire team of midgets will be bad as with set pieces we are screwed if not direct. That may not come into it but you can see my point, it can't be as simple as "he is decent so why are we selling". Sancho may have told him Germany is excellent next step for his progression and he may agree and want to go no matter what having a good idea his chances here will be very slim. The reasons for the sale could be many and varied or not but i trust the club.

I just accept some we will keep, others we won't even if they are good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.