Pablo Maffeo

We've just won a double with 100 points using Danilo as our second choice right back.

I'd say that just about vindicates Pep.

I don't get the reason why Pep should take a decision on Maffeo. Pep is here for maybe 2 seasons, Maffeo is one for the future, once Walker is into his thirties.

I don't get the reason why Pep should take a decision on Maffeo. Pep is here for maybe 2 seasons, Maffeo is one for the future, once Walker is into his thirties.
Maybe Maffeo showed signs of ants in his pants so we decided to cash in now rather than lose him for nothing in a year? It really could be that bud. As good as we are players want to play, not keep waiting for a chance that may never come warming benches. Two years wait may be more than Maffeo can tolerate personally.

Maybe Maffeo showed signs of ants in his pants so we decided to cash in now rather than lose him for nothing in a year? It really could be that bud. As good as we are players want to play, not keep waiting for a chance that may never come warming benches. Two years wait may be more than Maffeo can tolerate personally.

It just could have been a loan deal to Stuttgart.

It just could have been a loan deal to Stuttgart.
Yep that is certainly an option, only if it was an option though if you get me. I get the feeling we did the deal with a view to creating a good boardroom level relationship with Stuttgart. I think Maffeo has shown signs he wants to play or leave and we decided to get a few quid and gain the favour of sorts from Stuttgarts top dogs.

There could very well be a gentlemans agreement between all parties that we may come back for him. We likely will never find out about such stuff though.

The heart's disappointed but the head says it's a good decision. We're not interested in Maffeo unless he turns out to be world class. He won't develop into that player unless he plays week in week out. We're not likely to sell Danilo a year after signing him, so he's not going to get enough playing time here next season.

Let him have a couple of seasons, and if he's really as good as all that we can buy him back cheaply.

It's not the same as Foden or Diaz, who are competing for more places. There's no point in overloading on full backs.
Nailed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.