Pablo Zabaleta

'dont mean to spoil the bukakie pab zab fest but he was put under no presure tonight - lets see how he does against good oposition'

How much pressure he was put under is a matter of opinion, i recall seeing him deal with a ball passed to him at pace at adams apple height with an opposing player having clocked the possible opportunity to rush him. Thankfully Zab had clocked the player clock him and before he was upon him the ball was under control (killed dead at his feet) and he had formulated his possibilities, he faked to pass inside to his half back and the oncoming player fell for it...so he immediately dart forward cutting back into the lane a chasing player may take and proceeded forward (you'd honestly never have guessed he was being given the hurry-up)...he found the free City player exactly after the players marker had left him to commit to Zab and carried on down the flank giving the defenders a fuckin nightmare to whom they should pick up. It was'nt a major move but had it been Richards he's have probably had a stroke the second he realised the ball had been passed to him at an inconvienant height and fell over and broke the dug-out.

Did anyone notice Petrov bombing back to offer cover to the left back position in the last 15 mins, three times i clocked him(and i mean bombing)....all the places are up now....thats the sort of pressure i like, 'game on'.

Zabbie is right back on form and Micah should be worried, but this is going to be a squad game and form will dictate. MH is a lucky man to have such quality at his disposal

Proper defender, really hope Mad Zab gets a decent run in the team now, although next week we'll have Ashley Young flying down the left flank and I'm not sure who would be better him or Richards???

PoolHustler said:
Proper defender, really hope Mad Zab gets a decent run in the team now, although next week we'll have Ashley Young flying down the left flank and I'm not sure who would be better him or Richards???

Good point. Richards has a better physical presence but he does too tend to give away free kicks in dangerous places eg the UTD free kick which led to Fletcher's goal. Micah may be able to out muscle him on the right but Zab is the man on form.

Looked much mroe comfortable tonight than he did on Wednesday. No need for the snide comments to Micah. He's still a great prospect and knows he has to raise his game now and I'm sure he will

Mad Zab was magnificent.

funny though....how many of you thought that Zab would hack down their player who cut across the box in the second half???? - my heart was in my mouth but thought it showed great maturity for Zab not to dive in - Foy would have happily given them a pen if he challenged.

PoolHustler said:

Well he dealt with Walcott last season at the Emirates when playing left back!! I do wish we would get over this thing about pace is everything. Has Zab showed tonight, the ability to pass to a team mate is everything. Also, unlike Micah, he doesn't stand 3 yards off his man, but gets right up there arse and makes it tough for them.

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Zabs was immense tonight, he made more of an input tonight than richards has all season.

Let's not get carried away. Micah has basically had two goals and set up Bellamy's at Arsenal to get us ahead, and was involved in a few clean sheets. Zab played well but if he plays next week he'll face a true test trying to contain Ashley Young. Pacy wingers were his problem last season and if he's improved in that department then yes I'd put him above Micah most of the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.