Paddy Power advert with Hoddle and other former Spurs players all hard core City fans...

Red Stripe is originally a Jamaican beer, so it became popular in Moss Side and presumably other areas that West Indians first settled in when they came to England. It was often pretty much the only beer on offer if you were at a West Indian club or a shebeen back in those days. So it then became trendy with students etc.

I didn’t know it was synonymous with Manchester though. I assumed it would probably be the same story in places like Toxteth, Handsworth, St. Paul’s etc.
First came across Red Stripe when I lived in Whalley Range.
Went to the Moss Side carnival in Alexandra Park. All the elder Jamacian blokes in the park with their cars, the boot open packed with cans of Red Stripe. They had spotters nearby and when the police on horseback were heading their way, the boot lids would close until it was all clear to carry on selling

Agree with that. Arsenal aren’t a red shirt club in the way those other two cunts are. They’re about as red shirt as Wrexham. They just happen to wear red.
Not true.

That club are arguably WORSE than United and Liverpool.

This miserable **** is still moaning about us over a decade on from his first whinge about us, and there were many.

It was their letter headed paper when they wrote to the Premier League:

C83AB197-BA28-4EB0-B946-C4A14A61C496.jpeg

City believe Arsenal are the instigators behind the letter to the CAS:

They have been the biggest moaners about us since the takeover, by a fucking mile.

I said earlier in the thread, if Arsenal played in Warrington we’d despise them. It’s only that they’re from London that some City fans seem to not see that club for what they are.

Pep has never spoken about any other club by name since he’s been with us (he did mention ‘Daniel Levy and the others’ but didn’t actually name him on his own or Spurs), but he has named Arsenal and his disrespect for them:

I don’t understand why people don’t consider them to be at the same level as United and Liverpool when it comes to their out of order shit aimed at us. From their actions they seem more hellbent than any other club on stopping City.

Sheringham is brilliant in this !
Can (excuse the pun) someone explain to me the significance of Red Stripe ? I've been away from Manc for 30+ years . . . I remember the Caribbean community having a particular liking for Thunderbird - some sort of Pear Cider concoction . . .and also Carlsberg SB
In every Manchester nightclub I’ve ever been in, they sell Red Stripe by the can. I’ve been to clubs around the country and this doesn’t seem to be a thing elsewhere.

Red Stripe is originally a Jamaican beer, so it became popular in Moss Side and presumably other areas that West Indians first settled in when they came to England. It was often pretty much the only beer on offer if you were at a West Indian club or a shebeen back in those days. So it then became trendy with students etc.

I didn’t know it was synonymous with Manchester though. I assumed it would probably be the same story in places like Toxteth, Handsworth, St. Paul’s etc.
One of the first cans you could buy in a pub south Manchester. From memory the Clairmont and that pub Oxford rd by the arches.

Didn't realise Glenda had a sense of humour but he was quite good in that lol

Not true.

That club are arguably WORSE than United and Liverpool.

This miserable **** is still moaning about us over a decade on from his first whinge about us, and there were many.

It was their letter headed paper when they wrote to the Premier League:

View attachment 72096

City believe Arsenal are the instigators behind the letter to the CAS:

They have been the biggest moaners about us since the takeover, by a fucking mile.

I said earlier in the thread, if Arsenal played in Warrington we’d despise them. It’s only that they’re from London that some City fans seem to not see that club for what they are.

Pep has never spoken about any other club by name since he’s been with us (he did mention ‘Daniel Levy and the others’ but didn’t actually name him on his own or Spurs), but he has named Arsenal and his disrespect for them:

I don’t understand why people don’t consider them to be at the same level as United and Liverpool when it comes to their out of order shit aimed at us. From their actions they seem more hellbent than any other club on stopping City.
I mean they’re all good points you have put forward there. Maybe it’s the fans, and their location? I just have never thought of Arsenal in the same way United and the scouse come across. Them with their ‘we do what we want’ song, which they fully believe in. And Liverpool with their belief that are entitled to everything. European Royalty and that shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.