Paddy Power advert with Hoddle and other former Spurs players all hard core City fans...

Red Stripe is originally a Jamaican beer, so it became popular in Moss Side and presumably other areas that West Indians first settled in when they came to England. It was often pretty much the only beer on offer if you were at a West Indian club or a shebeen back in those days. So it then became trendy with students etc.

I didn’t know it was synonymous with Manchester though. I assumed it would probably be the same story in places like Toxteth, Handsworth, St. Paul’s etc.
A lot of clubs in town sell it by the can, or at least they did when I lived there

Except they are not real mancs, real mancs eat muffins as any true northerner knows.
Anyway, good little sketch and quite funny
Withington born - and bred - always said barm - always asked for a chip barm - never asked for a chip muffin. Muffin is what you have with an Earl Grey and a Cucumber sandwich. Now Mrs Gringo has a muffin....but thats another story

Withington born - and bred - always said barm - always asked for a chip barm - never asked for a chip muffin. Muffin is what you have with an Earl Grey and a Cucumber sandwich. Now Mrs Gringo has a muffin....but thats another story

That is surely the Barm cake v muffin argument settled once and for all now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.