Painting decking tips

Decking sponge applicator made for the job and done in minutes to a high standard.

5V7R78S.jpg

Used one last year and it was a pain in the arse as it got shredded on grooved decking mate and was frankly a shit finish imo. Might be great for stain and oil but not so much paint.

As per title. I have painted all the fences and today its time to do the decking. All prep has been done as in i have stripped it, cleaned it, sanded it etc etc. Its grooved decking and i will be painting it with anti slip paint, 2/3 coats letting it dry for 24 hours in between each coat so im fully researched on that.

Now........can i speed things up by using a soft sweeping brush to apply the paint? Its a large 4m x 4m area and the thoughts of me on my knees with a 4 inch brush are not worth thinking about as it will kill me and i want to do this as quickly and as easy on my back and knees as possible.
Use a sponge mop

Used one last year and it was a pain in the arse as it got shredded on grooved decking mate and was frankly a shit finish imo. Might be great for stain and oil but not so much paint.

Yes my bad, forgot the op's using paint. We used it in combo with decking oil and the finish was superlative.

Last edited:
A roller for oil is the way to go. But no use with paint, it has to be a brush unfortunately. But you won't have much else to do.

don't use a sweeping brush and I found the sponge pads shite,youll get a better job with a paint brush,it will take you a little bit longer(my decking is 4x4m)and it took about 2 hours with two of us doing it,if you've done a decent job of cleaning and sanding it will go on easy and the results will be top notch,its not as if you can do a lot else unless youre still working,

just seen you want to paint it,i was talking about staining,as for painting it,why would you get rid of that lovely wood look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.