Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Great result in a mistake ridden performance. Palace really should have scored about 4 that first half with the gifts we gave them. Play like that against Real Madrid and we'll be out before the second leg, need to sharpen our game up but for today, result is all that matters.
We are our own worst enemies sometimes and we certainly don't help ourselves the way we lose possession cheaply. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.

After the 4th goal we looked capable of 5-6, but then got caught between stools, not quite knowing whether we wanted to score more or just play out time.

Good response to going behind and good win. Don’t think we can win the big 2 pots with our current defensive set up. Can’t believe we are persisting with it but what do I know?
Not got a lot of choice at the moment. All of our injuries are with defenders. It was a windy day which made things awkward, Palace have done us before with those tactics and Haaland alongside Alvarez does leave us exposed at times. I don't think all of these issues will manifest themselves in the same game again this season. But I think our biggest problem all season has been not plugging things in midfield, which is why we miss Gundogan so much. I think Kovacic should therefore be a serious consideration at the Bernebeu. We need the extra insurance in midfield.

Comfortable win but we need to cut out the individual mistakes especially when we play in champs league or we will be punished by being knocked out

Let’s hope Palace cause the dippers similar problems next weekend.
Though I’m expecting them to gift a few goals and then crumble.

The dippers will smash a bagful against this lot. We scored four and should have had more and we weren't fully on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.