Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Looked like we'd walked into a gunfight holding a banana in the first half but after the break and a few words from Pep we strolled it in the end.

Just been over to RAWK to see how they're taking it, and guess what, the answer is "not very well".

Apparently it was a nailed on penalty that the corrupt Tierney didn't give and it'd be nice if they got some of the decisions we ALWAYS get. Also Kev's fat and the refs are going to hand us the title whilst fucking them over.

Happy days :D

Yes Brett is still crying like fuck about the non penalty on Twitter and of course the redshirt scum are lapping it up.

The game changed when Akanji came on for Gvardiol, freeing up Grealish to be properly effective. Gvardiol hadn't helped Jack at all unfortunately.

Grealish was essential to all four goals: crosses/assists for two and the pre-assists for the other two.

Rico in his post-match interview said Gvardiol came off because he was feeling a niggle. If that's true, that would be very disappointing because that sub should have been Pep's choice, not the big improvement more by luck than judgement.
Jack was really good today, wish he got a goal just to add something to his confidence.

Jack definitely plays better with Ake/Akanji, Gvardiol is still learning the LB posistion.

De Bruyne, Grealish, Rico and Akanji (one mistake aside) all had very good games. Bobb was impressive too.

We need to win our remaining 7 games to realistically stand a chance of making it 4 in a row. Unfortunately I don’t see this happening as we concede too many clear cut chances (usually from breakaways that expose our high line and sluggish CBs - excluding Ake and Akanji) and something seems amiss with our system to me.

But this team has proven me wrong time and time again, so can only hope that continues.
It was only a week ago we played one of the best teams in Europe without giving them a clear opportunity!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.