Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Can tell from Kevin's comments after the game that the lads aren't happy with the game starting at 12.30

Yes Brett is still crying like fuck about the non penalty on Twitter and of course the redshirt scum are lapping it up.
They seem to be cribbing on any incident and clinging to it, Notts Forest hot ball where they scored last minute is forgotten about (gave them 2pts). I m not sure how they sleep at night they're so obsessed with us.

Well played CITY!

An indifferent first half, but what a strike by Kev, wow!

They obviously got a bollocking from Pep and came out firing in the second.
We played some good stuff in that half and scored some great goals and the football for Kev's second was brilliant. We went into cruise control at 4-1 and gifted them a needless second though.
We can't afford to play like that on Tuesday, but in the end it was a good away win.

CITY, CITY, CITY!!!
Maybe Pep should bollock them before the kick-off.

Foden keeps me on my toes'​

FT: Crystal Palace 2-4 Man City
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne to TNT Sports: "It was good. It has been a very untypical season with the injuries and coming back. Sometimes I feel good, sometimes I feel a little bit off with my body. I have tried to prepare myself as best as possible. I try to do the job as good as possible and today I did well."
[Feeling pressure to perform after Phil Foden's hat-trick]: "Yeah I do because these guys keep me on my toes. I don't expect to just be given my place. If I don't perform well, I won't play. Phil Foden has been amazing this season so deserves it but it keeps me on my toes."
[Playing central with Foden]: "I think it's possible. When I started at 16 or 17 nobody thought it was possible with David Silva. It will be a little bit vice versa but I don't see why not. We have not done it that much.
"I just try to be more of an example with the way I am on the pitch. I won't be the person to tell others how to live their lives but I try to show on the pitch. I have played with Phil [Foden] for seven or eight years now so I don't feel like he is a youngster anymore. He is an established superstar in our team. He is just amazing."
[Playing early kick-offs]: "Now that we won I like it but I don't like early kick-offs to be honest. We can just try to play as good as possible. Now we can look at the games and see how they do. We have to go home, have a little rest and get ready for the game on Tuesday."

A vital win and at this stage of the season that's all that counts. Weird performance, we just can't seem to eradicate this sloppiness out of our play this season. Conceeding almost every game and missing decent chances. Whatever happens this season we need some real quality added in the close season and some moved on. I'd even shift Nunez and Kovacic on if we can upgrade on them, they're not up to our quality.

Rodney Marsh summed it up. The problem is we can't seem to play it tight which could be a worry

Love Rodney but he has dropped in the most redundant comment; one of my pet hates. Seen it so many times and so many times it proves irrelevant. It’s not that it is wrong, it’s just that each game is different and City frequently do enough. Hopefully, 25 games unbeaten is what people should focus on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.