Palace (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Surprised that some people thought we were indifferent in the first half. For 25 mins or so I thought we were absolutely on fire.

Regardless of what ensues in the run in, that response to conceding a terrible goal early doors away to our bogey team, barely 48 hrs after a game against a top 4 team, shows the unparalleled mental strength of this team. None of em let their heads drop even for a second. Proud of em all.

We might win the lot again or we might win fuck all but we’ll fight to the death in every game and that’s all you can ask
I think the fact we could have conceded 3 goals was the problem with the first half. We just simply have to cut these sloppy goals out. Some of the passing was suicidal today.

De Bruyne has won us many games'​

FT: Crystal Palace 2-4 Man City
74d215d1-1b6a-4091-8523-c65e2179b1e8.jpg

Manchester City
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to TNT Sports: "In the first half we did mistakes but we made a comeback and Kevin de Bruyne won the game with his actions, his assists, his goals and everything. We won the game with him.
"I didn't know that [De Bruyne] enjoyed scoring goals more than assists but I keep pushing him to say we have to win games. He has won many games for us, no doubt. It was really good for his performance.
"Manuel Akanji pushes a lot and is unbelievable playing at left-back. He is an incredible players. Rico Lewis and Oscar Bobb were really good on that side in the first half. We wanted to score early in the second half and then we could close the game.
"[Lewis] is an exceptional player. He is really good in the pockets. He has a sense for goal. He is another academy player so that is really good for us.
"We will see which players we have available because Josko [Gvardiol] had a little problem. We will see. Next one. We were unlucky to play early on after Aston Villa but now lucky we have time to recover before Real Madrid. We will try to give them a good game."

Young Rico brilliant again. He's perpetual motion always moving love his energy. No chance should Walker come straight back in for him. Good to see Kev back scoring and assisting, I think thats how we need to play him now, one game a week and give him plenty of recovery time.

Well done lads never easy to back up with a shortened time between games and we showed we are definitely in for the fight.

KDB always has what is required when push comes to shove.

Great achievement today and despite his injuries anybody wanting rid needs to reflect on what he can do on the pitch even when below his best often when carrying an injury which clearly he has done on numerous occasions.

I like our run in , we can still win 4 on the spin to elevate us to legendary status as it won't be done again in many a decade if at all given how the league is set up now.
not even sure there will be three on the spin for a long time to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.