Palace away....

4times

Was thinking about driving down to Palace in the cup, anyone know what would be the best time to set off? If i can get it off work i will have 3/4 spaces in my car if anyone fancied a lift down, petrol charges tho?

CTID

It would take you about 3 hours in total i think, u should be fine as ull be going against the flow of traffic when u hit london. Best way would b M6, M42, M40, M25 Westbound and into Croydon that way. Thats if u left about 4 ish

id take the day off as u said tho and get urself down on the train. if uv got a yong persons rail card, it will only cost you about £40 and there is no hastle + u can have a beer.

Luckily being in IT sales, guess whose just smashed the phone booking apointments for myself on the Thursday and Friday in london.

Free train ticket + hotel!

hey guys, i live down here and i am afraid it will take you a damn site longer than 3 hours, palace is a terrible place to get too. i would advise you come down the M4, A4, turn right at Earls Court then through Fulham, Wandsworth Bridge Road, Trinity Road then on thru to Palace. Dont go round the M25 as you are going well out of your way. If you need any more advise let me know

Surrey Blue said:
hey guys, i live down here and i am afraid it will take you a damn site longer than 3 hours, palace is a terrible place to get too. i would advise you come down the M4, A4, turn right at Earls Court then through Fulham, Wandsworth Bridge Road, Trinity Road then on thru to Palace. Dont go round the M25 as you are going well out of your way. If you need any more advise let me know

Totally agree with this. You can spend 3 hours on the bloody M6 these days and then hitting the M25 in the rush hour!

I would set off at 10 and get there mid afternoon just to be on the safe side.

3 hours lol

last time we played them in the league, 2-1 anelka douible, we set off at 6am on the coach from city - we got to london fine then we hit croydon

we got to the ground at 2.55

if your lucky you might do it in around 4 and a half hours but all depends on what time you hit the A4. took me 4 hours yesterday but i am 5 miles from palace and the extra miles could well of took another hour

Cheshire Blue said:
It would take you about 3 hours in total i think, u should be fine as ull be going against the flow of traffic when u hit london. Best way would b M6, M42, M40, M25 Westbound and into Croydon that way. Thats if u left about 4 ish

id take the day off as u said tho and get urself down on the train. if uv got a yong persons rail card, it will only cost you about £40 and there is no hastle + u can have a beer.
No way could you do it to Palace in 3 hours. I used to drive from Manchester to near Heathrow, which was motorway all the way and you could just about do that in 3 hours on a Sunday night. The M25 around that area is a nightmare at hte moment (roadworks) so I'd avoid that, plus it's not that easy to get to that area off the M25 anyway. You need to allow 4.5 hours at least.

You are probably better off driving straight into London if you drive there. You can avoid the congestion charge if you go down Park Lane as that route is exempt. You would probably be better off parking near Victoria Station (you can park free after 6pm on the street meters I think and arriving in the area after 6pm also avoids the congestion charge) and getting the train, which will take you to the ground in about 20 minutes or so.

4.5 hours, u think it could seriously b that long?

i always drive to my sisters flat tho in West Hampstead or my mates near putney and I could swear its never usually that long.

Still say the best way is the train tho.

afraid so. Palace is buried in deep south London and there are no motorways or fast roads to get there. Set off no later than midday or your gonna be in trouble. You could even drive to weybridge station which is a piece of cake to get to, 2 miles off m25 j11 then its a 20min train to clapham junction then a 10 min train to south norwood or palace

We Are Setting off at around 12:30 to 1pm so that will give us about 7 hours to get there so should this be ok??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.