Palace - Post match thread

Looking at the european results, clearly a big win today for City.

With the CL cming up and after the international break, a lot of Europe's topsides have really struggled. Barcelona couldn't beat 9 men at home. (No Messi or Suarez). Bayern Munich lost.
Arsenal played badly, so did Liverpool and Spurs. I think the international break is very disruptive so a big win today

Interesting that Barca have players 'missing' for their home game prior to an away Champions League game, having of course lost their last one to City.

Looks to me like it's suddenly got real to them as well, they could miss out on top spot, & even the great Barca have decided to risk taking a hit in the league, prior to a key CL game.

In spite of his protestations though, I think Pep is realising that playing like Barca or his bayern team in the Premier League, when you add in the international breaks & cup, CL games, is harder than doing it in Spain or Germany & he's giving the players a bit of leeway in the short term. Seeing the bigger picture. Hence Yaya.

I imagine this will result in a younger, fitter squad next season, in the effort to get closer to his desired level.

Considering the players have been all round the world we can just be be happy with the points,well done boys.

I know it has been said before but think we function better with Nolito in the team. Sterling is going to be some player.

Great performance in my opinion considering lads have travelled all over the globe and we lost our centre back early
Yaya was great and its exactly how he should have been used for the last 18 months play him in the games before UCL or bring him on with 20 to go when we need a goal or hold a lead like how paddy v and lampard were used
Sterling tore their left back a new one Fernandinho was incredible roll on wednesday night

I've not read the thread but can I assume the result rather than the performance is all that matters as we won, whereas we aren't allowed to moan about the result when we drop points against shite opponents at home?
The view isn't great at Palace, the opponents were total dog poo (they'd lost the previous four games) and yet we were hardly convincing. The ref was as bad as he usually is.
We were probably the better team and had Sergio scored just before they equalised it would have killed them off. But we can't kill teams off and we can't keep clean sheets (just 2 in 12 league games).
And Vince went off again. FFS.
And least we got Yaya back. I wonder if he'd have helped in the three games where we dropped points at home against mid-table opponent; or at Parkhead or Spuds?

How the fuck do we always manage to make Connor Wickham look world class!

Special mention to Sagna who had a good game at CB

I've not read the thread but can I assume the result rather than the performance is all that matters as we won, whereas we aren't allowed to moan about the result when we drop points against shite opponents at home?
The view isn't great at Palace, the opponents were total dog poo (they'd lost the previous four games) and yet we were hardly convincing. The ref was as bad as he usually is.
We were probably the better team and had Sergio scored just before they equalised it would have killed them off. But we can't kill teams off and we can't keep clean sheets (just 2 in 12 league games).
And Vince went off again. FFS.
And least we got Yaya back. I wonder if he'd have helped in the three games where we dropped points at home against mid-table opponent; or at Parkhead or Spuds?
Who played well yesterday? All the top sides had poor games. Barca drew at home against 9 men, and Bayern lost.

Interesting that Barca have players 'missing' for their home game prior to an away Champions League game, having of course lost their last one to City.

Looks to me like it's suddenly got real to them as well, they could miss out on top spot, & even the great Barca have decided to risk taking a hit in the league, prior to a key CL game.

In spite of his protestations though, I think Pep is realising that playing like Barca or his bayern team in the Premier League, when you add in the international breaks & cup, CL games, is harder than doing it in Spain or Germany & he's giving the players a bit of leeway in the short term. Seeing the bigger picture. Hence Yaya.

I imagine this will result in a younger, fitter squad next season, in the effort to get closer to his desired level.
They rested Messi. CL game at Celtic clearly a bigger priority for them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.