Palace - Post match thread

It doesnt help, like yesterday when you get a ref like that either.

They had one game plan and it was kick and hack and he let them get away with it. You could see the frustration on our players as decision after decision went against us whilst the most minimal of contact on them resulted in a free kick time and time again.

It gives the players and the home fans hope.
Just watched the game again from the link on page 31, and the Scottish commentator said, after about the 5th foul not given to us in the first half, words to the effect that our players were getting fed up with all the marginal decisions going against them, and that they seemed to have a point.
This clown of a referee has form with us, and in every match we have the misfortune of his appointment, he is exactly the same in his "decision" making. He is the new Peter Walton, and the sooner that he, too, goes to Trumpland the better.

I think that's a little harsh. Coming back from all four corners of the world and playing an away match within days of returning must surely take its toll. Yes it wasn't the football we know we are capable of, but under the circumstances, criticising the performance IMO is harsh

Wasn't intending to be critical just saying going forward it hasn't told us much, too much game by game judgment goes on including of individual players

On first viewing, I thought that was the worst we've played so far this season. Plenty of factors go in to that such as returning from international duty, ref being a tit, Yaya and Sagna returning to the side etc but we really struggled to get any real control until the final 25 minutes when Silva came on.

Absolutely gutted once again for Vinnie but he's a total warrior for carrying on and I'm just glad his knee/ neck didn't go.

I followed the game from BBC commentary and the match thread and based on that I wasn't really looking forward to watching the full 90 minutes on the sky rerun. I should have known better as it was nowhere near as bad as some folk were making out. I thought it was a gritty performance full of character. We were not as fluent as usual but thats to be expected given who we rested and that we were playing against the referees as well as CP. Thought Yaya worked as hard as he could and what a bonus to have his quality in front of goal. Nobody had a bad game and I would be hard pushed to pick our best players there were quite a few candidates. 3 points from an away game following an international break. You have to feel sick for Vinnie as each new game presents him with yet another challenge to overcome. Hopefully, he will be ok for Wednesday but I suspect if it is concussion he will be out for a full week.

Fantastic 3 points in the circumstances of half the team playing shite with 1 eye on the Champions League.

Aguero is a great big fucking elephant in the room at the moment.

We need him back, soon as possible.

He was quiet, but still unlucky not to have scored... possibly twice

One of the best away days I've ever had at football. Scenes when yaya scored the first and that was eclipsed when the winner went in.
Big shout out to the Scottish fellas stood right behind me keeping me entertained right through the game with amusing comments and banter.

Now for the game. Great to have sagna back added some strength to the back line and when palsce went two up top at half time and bombarded us with long balls he dealt with them.

Silva coming on changed the tide we got control of the game and started to dominate the play.
Sterling had the left back on toast and is going to be world class imho.
silva should have been put on earlier. we were lacking a calmness with the ball that he offers.

while happy to see sagna back, i think it was made even more clear yesterday how much focus our back line will get during the summer. no current fullbacks should be anymore than a sub/cup game players next year. we need vinnys roster spot now, hes too fragile and i dont think hes suited to play out from the back, same with otamendi.

I thought Nolito played absolutely awful yesterday and it really damaged our performance. It either left Kun completely isolated up front or left our midfield too removed from the wings.

A combination of his individual performance, coupled with Palace's defensive tactics, which were pretty decent tbh, really stifled us.

It's games like that where individual bursts make all the difference and thankfully Yaya was the man of the hour.

Watched the game back last night and thought it was a good game - hard to understand why so many thought it was such an iffy performance. Fast flowing, two committed sides and we played a lot of good football. Not sure where all the negativity about the performance comes from tbh. We got a hard earned win and stood up well against their second half surge. Wonder now what Pep will do with Yaya...keep him on the fringes, use him as an impact player or get him in as a regular starter. Not sure if other clubs come calling in January whether we'd move him or not. He could be a difference maker come next April/May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.