Palace - Post match thread

That corner was brilliant and a touch audacious because they had the balls to try it a second time. Great delivery by KDB, immacualtely finished by Yaya but I am sure big credit also needs to got to the coaching staff and probably Torrent in particular. They will have spotted how Palace have lined up to defend corners in previous matches and seen that if our players stayed out of the six yard box prior to the kick, Palace would leave a clear passage to put the ball between defenders and keeper. That's the attention to detail that you get from Pep and his staff.
If we had this attention to detail on corners, why have we been continually so shit at them ? (Not just under Pep, but for what seems like decades to me).

I thought the first one yesterday was just a miss kick, but the second proves otherwise, and I now hope we can continue to innovate with them. For now though I'm just going to put it down to luck, at least until it becomes a pattern.

Palace is a tough place to go when they are up for it and they were yesterday. I walked away from the ground yesterday absolutely delighted that we toughed that one out.

Same here. We were not at our elegant best but were facing a team and players a lot fresher than ours. We will not win the league playing the best football every week, occasions like yesterday it was roll up your sleeves, get the three points and move on. The players did brilliantly.

He varied between poor and sublime but his head never went down and he worked his rocks off, his pressing at the end was a joy to behold.

Kev's work rate has been superb this season. Even when he's having an off game - where he'll take some naff touches but still create chances - he's offering far more on the defensive side.

Kev's work rate has been superb this season. Even when he's having an off game - where he'll take some naff touches but still create chances - he's offering far more on the defensive side.

A couple of incredible crosses and the innovative corner. Even when he is not his best he always positively affects the game. That is why he is our truly world class player

What a shit ground - every year I think - not fucking going there again - away fans can not see all the pitch!!

Fucking shithole and an expensive day out - makes me think what away fans must think when they rock up at the Etihad. Ok the atmosphere is commendable - but after that........

It is a dreadful ground, well that corner they put us in is crap. I was near front so at least I didn't have a post in the way but I end up watching the video screen when play was in one corner. It's hell to get to, whichever route you drive is a pain. At least the last two visits have been victories.

A couple of incredible crosses and the innovative corner. Even when he is not his best he always positively affects the game. That is why he is our truly world class player

It was the same for Belgium at the Euros. I thought he was underwhelming for them but he was still creating chance after chance.

Everyone has an off game but he's always a danger and his work rate means he'll still be contributing rather than going missing.

Whoa, I only said what I saw, and that was Zaha waltzing past Kolorov, and, I have no agenda against any blue, so there!

So you did not see the same happen to Zabba, such as the goal or for Bravo's save? There best two chances came from zabba getting beaten.

Not a dig at Zabba because it happens but the constant criticism of Kolorav when others shortcomings are overlooked does my head in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.