Palace v City post match thread.

Let's not go down the road of blaming the referee. He simply couldn't see the handball and the offside was hairline.

Yaya Toure's half arsed performance, the fact that Dzeko will never be good enough and Kompany's new found belief that he is the best defender in Europe are the prime reasons for tonight's defeat.

We dominated today, 76% possession FFS so gutted about today its unreal, on another day we could of twatted em 6-2 but it's not the 1st time that we haven't took a couple more of the hundred of chances we make...ref was 'spot on' today as the **** usually is which helped matters. i'm dreading the derby, I really am.

Re: City v Palace post match thread.

Eli Panic said:
Ok. One of the many laws overlooked by Oliver tonight, is:

"An indirect free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a goalkeeper, inside his own penalty area, commits any of the following four offences:
• controls the ball with his hands for more than six seconds before releasing
it from his possession".

Speroni held the ball for 12, 15 and 18 seconds on the last three times he controlled it with his hands. One occasion he was approaching 30 seconds, and that's when I started checking it against the Sky clock.

It doesn't excuse our performance, but it bugs me that referees can pick and choose which elements of the law they apply.

Hear, hear.

fergal_oc said:
Highlight of any season is beating them and we'll get far more space on Sunday than we did tonight.

I don't understand though why we don't let other teams play a little. Let them have the ball, pass it around their back 4 and give them some confidence. We blindly press and press and have turned in to Arsenal - why cant anyone on the pitch see the problem and do something about it!

We did this last season and completely tore teams apart.

The 11th or 12th duplicate game this season. Massive possession. Fuck all done with it. Zero penetration.
Not enough pace. Not enough shots, Not enough dribbles. Useless crossing and awful corners and set pieces.
City have been analysed and the current managerial team has NO answer to the tactics being used against us.
Possession without penetration is a waste of time.
Nailed on pen denied but it would only have got a draw in a game we should have comfortably won.

Re: City v Palace post match thread.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Apparently not Pellers fault we can't defend set pieces.

Apparently not Pellers fault we can't break down teams that pack the box after we concede from said set piece.

Some shite about back in 1998/99 we were worse

Some head in sand stuff about smashing the rags next week

you can't blame a nice holistic manager who has won the Inter Toto trophy ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.