Palace v City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the players look at the league table on Monday morning and that see they have slipped to 4th they might get the message that it is time for the whole team to start playing their socks off and supporting each other.

We need to put our marker down for next season and win the last 8 games starting with this one, anyone found not pulling their weight needs shipping out.

Need to win this one, cant afford to drop any more points, Palace are not in the relegation zone so it should be an open game. Can see us scoring a couple, Dzeko and Silva to score.

Hopefully the players are more than aware it's a battle to end up in the top 4. It needs an impressive run-in to the end of the season to keep the other challengers away. If the run-in ends in anything more than a top 4 position, all the better. But it's not where the main focus should be right now. Lately we seem to have changed the poor results at home for poor results away. Time to get the right results home and away.

Palace away on a Mondaynight won't be easy. Than again there aren't any easy awaygames in the PL. When we live up to our standards we will beat them. I expect 3 points just because we have something to play for and that should beat Palace who will undoubtly make this another cupfinal.

5 pages compared to the usual 25 +for pre match threads pretty much sums up how deflated everyone is feeling at the moment.

citymad said:
5 pages compared to the usual 25 +for pre match threads pretty much sums up how deflated everyone is feeling at the moment.

I think most just want the season to finish now so we can start rebuilding.

The derby is the only game I am looking forward to now and to be honest I am not exactly confident with our very inconsistent form.

sam-caddick said:
citymad said:

I think most just want the season to finish now so we can start rebuilding.

The derby is the only game I am looking forward to now and to be honest I am not exactly confident with our very inconsistent form.

To be fair it's not till Monday night.

For what it's worth I feel this will be a really tough game. They have nothing to lose really as they're not going to go down. A game under the lights against the champions........... tough one.

Personally I'd stick with the side that beat West Brom with the exception of bringing Yaya back for Lampard.

We have a decent recent record against Palace though and the fact that we could well be 4th in the table by the time we play could go in our favour.

The derby has become a proper big game now (not that it ever isn't but you know what I mean). They surely can't finish above us can they??

icemanbops said:
Simple really, players know what they have to do and that they are more than capable of it.

We need to win all remaining games.

No reason to think we will not, if you want it bad enough you will fight for it and give it your absolute best.

If the players do that (no matter who is selected) then we will win this one and can win all the remaining games.

Best

Sadly performances this season give us plenty of reason to doubt that we will win our remaining games.

I think we may struggle a bit at the start but just come out on top in a fairly high scoring game.

I'm not usre if this belongs here but I am an irish city fan and regularly go to manchester for city matches. this monday I will be in manchester for business purposes. as it is an away game there is no way to go to it.
is there a good spot in the city to go watch the game? somewhere fans would go to when city are playing away. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.