Pantilimon vs Hart

kippaxchris said:
pudge said:
kippaxchris said:
If it was the other way round and Pantilimon wasn't playing that well at present he would be dropped for Joe so maybe Panti should get a chance as after all he has waited for it without a complaint and tbh the chance has arrived imo
So based on a hypothetical scenario in opposite land then

As i said Hart isn't playing well at the moment and Costel has waited for his chance so should get it. Add to that Panti's performances in the FA cup and his 3 clean sheets, quality distribution & calmness under pressure in the period where Hart isn't doing very well
How many saves has he had to make in those 3 games?

pudge said:
kippaxchris said:
pudge said:
So based on a hypothetical scenario in opposite land then

As i said Hart isn't playing well at the moment and Costel has waited for his chance so should get it. Add to that Panti's performances in the FA cup and his 3 clean sheets, quality distribution & calmness under pressure in the period where Hart isn't doing very well

Not to sure i think 2 proper saves against Watford 1 being a brilliant save 1v1 with Forrestieri against who was on fire at the time and had a clean run from the halfway line and time to pick his spot. He saved a Ross McCormack free kick with ease against Leeds and pushed it out of the box when Joe does wrong foot himself a lot when facing free kicks (NOT PICKING ON JOE HES BRILLIANT) and i think the commentator on the highlights show was Burley who said Panti fooled McCormack by not moving across to soon. Hes done well from corners and crosses particularly against Stoke and of course his distribution adds to what he has done its not all about saves.

kippaxchris said:
pudge said:
kippaxchris said:

Not to sure i think 2 proper saves against Watford 1 being a brilliant save 1v1 with Forrestieri against who was on fire at the time and had a clean run from the halfway line and time to pick his spot. He saved a Ross McCormack free kick with ease against Leeds and pushed it out of the box when Joe does wrong foot himself a lot when facing free kicks (NOT PICKING ON JOE HES BRILLIANT) and i think the commentator on the highlights show was Burley who said Panti fooled McCormack by not moving across to soon. Hes done well from corners and crosses particularly against Stoke and of course his distribution adds to what he has done its not all about saves.
He's had to do the bare minimum. Stoke, Watford and Leeds had very few shots on goal or an overall threat.

And he's done it, fair play to him.

But he has done nothing in terms of "Wow, he should play ahead of Joe".

He's a solid backup. If people were willing to forget any mistake Joe made as quick as they are with Pantilimon's (howler in the CS) it wouldn't be an issue.

Some just want change for the sake of it. How will Joe regain his top form or confidence or improve if he get's dropped? There's not many teams with a constant goalkeeper rotation policy

pudge said:
kippaxchris said:
pudge said:

He's had to do the bare minimum. Stoke, Watford and Leeds had very few shots on goal or an overall threat.

And he's done it, fair play to him.

But he has done nothing in terms of "Wow, he should play ahead of Joe".

He's a solid backup. If people were willing to forget any mistake Joe made as quick as they are with Pantilimon's (howler in the CS) it wouldn't be an issue.

Some just want change for the sake of it. How will Joe regain his top form or confidence or improve if he get's dropped? There's not many teams with a constant goalkeeper rotation policy

Thats true he hasn't really had any wow moments away from the Arsenal League Cup game last season and maybe it wouldn't improve Joe's confidence if dropped but it my be a kick up the bum as if to say fix up you can be dropped. I would say Pantilimons mistake against Chelsea could have been avoided if Zaba would have done his job and run with his man but he just stood there and let Sturridge fire a shot in that of course Panti spilled but in all fairness it wasn't even nearly as bad as what Joe did against Southampton and we have seen Joe spill a lot of shots in his time but he has played more games. This is why i would like Panti to get a run so we could see in the Prem what he has to offer coz like you said he looks a solid keeper

Joe's a top keeper but like anybody needs a wake up call and i think its about due. But i would pick the game maybe Vila in a week or so.

When the chips are down true champions rise to the occasion. Joe did that today. A mighty save from Lampards pen.

jollylescott said:
When the chips are down true champions rise to the occasion. Joe did that today. A mighty save from Lampards pen.

that just masked the fact Hart gave away a penalty by making an unnecessary challenge in the first place

whp.blue said:
jollylescott said:

that just masked the fact Hart gave away a penalty by making an unnecessary challenge in the first place
Why don't you just go and piss on his doorstep and get all your anger out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.