Paolo Maldini

TonyGrealishstache said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Can anyone think of a better defender than this man in his prime ??

Baresi - but he taught him everything he knows!

Baresi-Maldini-Nesta....make Weo look like the fucking Co-Op Horse...shame that Nesta has been blighted with injury

Milan fans sour Maldini send off

Paolo Maldini reacted with fury at the negative treatment he received in his final game at the San Siro by a section of AC Milan's fans.

Paolo-Maldini_2310458.jpg

Captain Maldini, who criticised fans earlier this year when telling them to get behind the team during their struggles, was stung by some of the banners in the stands.

One in the south stand read: "Thanks captain: on the pitch you have been an infinite champion but you have lacked the respect of those that have made you rich".

Another one read: "For your 25-year glorious career our deepest thanks from those you defined as mercenaries".

That banner was accompanied by a big jersey of Franco Baresi, who Maldini replaced as captain, and with chants of "There's only one captain".

Maldini said of the fans who hung the banners: "I am proud not to be one of them."

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti was equally disenchanted by what happened.

"It was only a minor section of the crowd," he said. "But they could have avoided that in what was supposed to be a special day for Paolo."

Roma won the game 3-2 to make it a very disappointing send off for Maldini.

Some fans are spoilt bastards and a disgrace to their team!!

Bonol said:
To be honest i dont give two hoots about Maldini, he does not play for city, hes a defender, not exactly Pele. Its a bit like having a thread for Adams or Keown.

Well just give one hoot then. Maldini embodies everything that you would want at your club. Recognise it because it is a rare commodity these days.

Baresi and Maldini are/were consummate professionals. How much easier is the manager's job with players like that in the team?

I can't think of anyone within my memory where opposing fans would pay such a tribute. Perhaps we ought to have a banner at the next derby for Booby Ticket Tout?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.