Papillon BBC2 10.30

kronkonite said:
Bressons version of this

" A man escaped "is far superior

watch it you'll see

err...

I think you're a little confused. Papillon is based on the book Papillon it's a true story about a criminal in a french penal colony in french Guyana (I've been to the site) and is not related to A man escaped which is about an escape from a POW camp in WWII.

Gelsons Dad said:
kronkonite said:
Bressons version of this

" A man escaped "is far superior

watch it you'll see

err...

I think you're a little confused. Papillon is based on the book Papillon it's a true story about a criminal in a french penal colony in french Guyana (I've been to the site) and is not related to A man escaped which is about an escape from a POW camp in WWII.
the film is based on the book
and it isn't a ww2 camp just as you say

but a true story? its a fictional account told as if a true story, its been put together as the stories from several different prisoners

squirtyflower said:
Gelsons Dad said:
err...

the film is based on the book
and it isn't a ww2 camp just as you say

but a true story? its a fictional account told as if a true story, its been put together as the stories from several different prisoners

well yes, it's a narrative based on a number of true stories in the same veins as the adventures of Tom Sawyer. The point i was trying to make is that it is not related to a man escaped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.