Papillon BBC2 10.30

I cannot believe he left the Indians and his wife/wives. I think I would have stayed there forever. Lovely beach and all the fruit you can eat.

DT King of all Geordies said:
I cannot believe he left the Indians and his wife/wives. I think I would have stayed there forever. Lovely beach and all the fruit you can eat.

??? i thought they left him?

Kinkysboots said:
the film isnt fit to be even mentioned within the same breath as the book!!!

like many book-to-film converts!

In fact.....are there any films that are better than the origional books?

leewill31 said:
DT King of all Geordies said:

??? i thought they left him?

Been a while since I read the book so you could be right. I thought that he got bored with living there and wanted to go back to the city life.

The Goat Feeder said:
Kinkysboots said:

the lord of the rings!

Kinkysboots said:
Has anybody read the sequel, Banco, about his life after the escape and his attempt to return to France? Almost as good as the first book, surprised that was never adapted. The only films better than the books are probably the Connery era Bonds and the Bourne films. Oh, and High Fidelity

LongsightM13 said:
Kinkysboots said:
Has anybody read the sequel, Banco, about his life after the escape and his attempt to return to France? Almost as good as the first book, surprised that was never adapted. The only films better than the books are probably the Connery era Bonds and the Bourne films. Oh, and High Fidelity
Yeah banco is fantastic and probably my second favourite book!!<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:38 pm --<br /><br />
leewill31 said:
The Goat Feeder said:

the lord of the rings!

R u suggesting the films are better than the book?

Kinkysboots said:
LongsightM13 said:
Yeah banco is fantastic and probably my second favourite book!!

-- Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:38 pm --

leewill31 said:
the lord of the rings!

R u suggesting the films are better than the book?

not as such but it did a bloody good job of putting faces to all the characters and the films did not disappoint as so many book to films have!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.