Papiss Cisse

nwanda said:
Squadmissile said:
Astuteboy said:
World class... no. A very smart signing from Pardew and what Newcastle needed.... yes.

I reckon he's odds on to suffer "2nd season syndrome" next year, but we'll see.

I'm concerned about him on Sunday though definitely; VK and JL will need to keep an eye on him.

On that point, does anyone know who's Newcastles scout is. He's done a cracking job taking continental nobodies that fitted straight into Newcastles squad.

from memory I read somewhere that the main scout is Alan carrs (Chatty Man) Brother not sure this is true though

Possibly his old man who was with City,up to a couple of years ago I believe.He used to be the manager at Northampton.

His goal scoring rate in Germany rivalled Mario Gomez.

Scored some very nice goals there too.

He's an excellent finisher.

Honestly, if people actually consider Higuain world class, then...........

MSP said:
oakiecokie said:
the blue panther said:
I'll decide on Sunday when he comes up against the best defence in the league, and the best defensive centre half pairing in the country.
Let's hope we decide 'Not.'
I actually thought that 1 st goal last night was better than the 2nd one - 1st all superb skill; 2nd was a bit flukey.

WTF !! Had it been a City player scoring a glorious goal like that we`d have been purring over it and claiming it was better than Crouch`s !

well, it was obviously great goal but you can bet it was never intended to finish like that. It's just too great to be intentional, nobody could do that.
Most great goals, including Messi's, have a bit of a "fluke" about them - since they rely on a matter of inches or millimetres. So a bit of luck usually comes into it.

Did Cisse mean to try and score his second? Clearly yes - otherwise who was he trying to pass to? And he almost certainly did try to bend it past the keeper in the way it did - the way he struck the ball with the outside of his foot shows that. Did it require a bit of luck to go in? Of course - but a great goal nevertheless. If Messi had scored that goal, no one would be questioning it as one of the great goals of the season.

I'm sure that Mancini and the City players are taking Cisse and the threat he contains really seriously. Add to that Ba, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote and so on.

Unfortunately, Newcastle are clearly a pretty good side at present (admitted grudgingly, as I think the way Ashley and co. treated Hughton was poor). This could be City's most difficult game of the season. If they win, no one could say that City don't fully deserve the Premiership title.

Our chief scout is Graham Carr, who happens to be Alan Carr's dad.

Some of you can call Cisse's goals flukes, but the fact is that most of his goals have been like that, and so were a lot of his goals when he played in the Bundesliga. He just has that instinctive ability. He isn't 'slicing' the ball by accident, he's hitting it in just the right spot to get a good curve on it. He did it for his goal yesterday and he's done it quite a few times.

There's an element of luck, but there's luck involved with every striker, whether it's Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie, Tevez or any other. No striker scores with every shot he takes. Some hit, some are saved, and some just outright miss the goal completely. Even the best of the best do it.

Anyway, he scored 37 goals in 65 apps for Freiburg, and that's a very small, struggling side with not many quality players, so I'm not surprised he's performing the way he is now with supply from some of the quality players in our side.

All I'm going to say is that if you were going to be concerned by any striker, be concerned by him. With the form he's in, I'd currently say he's the most threatening striker in the Premier League. He can score with his left foot, his right foot, his head, anything. The way he plays means that he barely needs a touch before he takes a shot, so defenders often don't have the opportunity to dispossess him, no matter how good the defender happens to be.

Chappaz said:
Our chief scout is Graham Carr, who happens to be Alan Carr's dad.

Some of you can call Cisse's goals flukes, but the fact is that most of his goals have been like that, and so were a lot of his goals when he played in the Bundesliga. He just has that instinctive ability. He isn't 'slicing' the ball by accident, he's hitting it in just the right spot to get a good curve on it. He did it for his goal yesterday and he's done it quite a few times.

There's an element of luck, but there's luck involved with every striker, whether it's Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie, Tevez or any other. No striker scores with every shot he takes. Some hit, some are saved, and some just outright miss the goal completely. Even the best of the best do it.

Anyway, he scored 37 goals in 65 apps for Freiburg, and that's a very small, struggling side with not many quality players, so I'm not surprised he's performing the way he is now with supply from some of the quality players in our side.

All I'm going to say is that if you were going to be concerned by any striker, be concerned by him. With the form he's in, I'd currently say he's the most threatening striker in the Premier League. He can score with his left foot, his right foot, his head, anything. The way he plays means that he barely needs a touch before he takes a shot, so defenders often don't have the opportunity to dispossess him, no matter how good the defender happens to be.
Yeah, but I doubt he can score with his arse.

shaun-goater-basic-range_design.png

Cisse is a very good player but so is Tevez and Sergio and Yaya and Silva and Vincent and pretty much all of them, really.

MSP said:
oakiecokie said:
the blue panther said:
I'll decide on Sunday when he comes up against the best defence in the league, and the best defensive centre half pairing in the country.
Let's hope we decide 'Not.'
I actually thought that 1 st goal last night was better than the 2nd one - 1st all superb skill; 2nd was a bit flukey.

WTF !! Had it been a City player scoring a glorious goal like that we`d have been purring over it and claiming it was better than Crouch`s !

well, it was obviously great goal but you can bet it was never intended to finish like that. It's just too great to be intentional, nobody could do that.

Juninho might disagree. Who knows... Cisse has scored many great goals, so I am more reluctant to say it was a fluke

moomba said:
His first goal was more impressive than the second IMO.

Agreed. It was calculated and with intent. His second one was basically, "time's running down, f*** it, I'm gonna have a go.... OH SH** IT WORKED!"

Stroszek said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
His second one was basically, "time's running down, f*** it, I'm gonna have a go.... OH SH** IT WORKED!"
Yes, he said this himself.

And I am not trying to diminish it, goal of the season, and it takes a ton of skill. It's just a perfect storm, he couldn't do it again in 1000 tries most likely. He'd probably be the first to admit that too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.