Papiss Cisse

Graham Carr is Newcastles chief scout, was here for 7 years.

Interesting article below

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/super-scout-graham-carr-lifts-lid-on-newcastle-united-s-transfer-process-1-4412399" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/foo ... -1-4412399</a>

They key is to cut his supply line. He needs the supply line.

In my opinion we shouldn't be worrying about them they should be worrying about us. We have players who can score wondergoals (and run of the mill ones) all through our midfield and forward line.

Keep him quiet, do our thing and we'll win.

doesnt fuss me at all.

we have come up against the best strikers in the league and not one of the top 18 have scored against us.

Cisse will be sown up, like Rooney, like van persie, like Ba, holt, dempsey etc

We will be waaay ahead by the time Newcastle string anything together.

Stoned Rose said:

In my opinion we shouldn't be worrying about them they should be worrying about us. We have players who can score wondergoals (and run of the mill ones) all through our midfield and forward line.

this

forwards have generally fed off crumbs against us, defenders can't do much about the type of goal he seems to score so we need to just cut his supply as best we can - this has been our strength this season

Papiss Demba Cisse, describing his wonder strike that helped Newcastle beat Chelsea: "With the second goal, when I saw it coming back from Shola Ameobi I just wanted to kick it. I had no energy so I just wanted to hit it and it ended up going in."
So there, he didn't mean it.

FantasyIreland said:
Awesome at present,however,he's 27 in June,if he's been doing this all his career then why is he not playing for a top team?

Last nights 2nd was brilliant but it was also a hit and hope,it had alot of fluke about it.

Looking forward to seeing him up against Komps.....

Agree 100% why is he not with a top team & 2nd was a hit & hope. But they still win games.

a good player on form, i don t think it will be there next year(on not as on form).

two lovely goals.... 1st great switch of the feet,balance and execution.
the second was just class...... its so hard to get the balance of swerve (outside the foot) and balance of power (correct weight). it was fantastic.... if he went for it and it happened it was class.... if it was tranny that made that shot the media would throw an extre 20 mill over his head

cisse is class and very much on fire. hope the toon build on this campaign after this weekend ;)

Cisse's definitely got the air of a new Tony Yeboah. Now, what ever happened to him? One good season. A couple of good goals. And...

World Class gets branded about too quickly. I seem to remember a certain Hernadez being branded World class last season and this season he hasnt done it. First season in the league no body knows a lot about him next season he wont get the space and teams will mark him out of the game. Have to say Newcatle has had 2 hot strikers this season with Ba earlier in the season and now Cisse. Ba's form has dropped away and I think the same thing will happen with Cisse.

Think Newcastle will have some clubs coming in for Cisse in the Summer the thing is can they keep him if a bigger club comes looking for him. The weekend we need to keep a close eye on him. Cant let him have a sniff at goal as the form he is in he will score. Defend like we did on Monday we will have a smashing chance of winning the game easy. Dont defend like we did it will be a nail bitter.

Stoned Rose said:

Tricky when he's getting some of the best supply in the league from the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Ba though! Ben Arfa in particular is capable of some true, true magic.

People can dress it up any way they like really, but I think with the way the two teams are playing, and the home advantage we have (which is so very important) this is going to be a very even match up. I think we'll see various players from both sides pulling off the same sort of quality when it comes to the passing, shooting, dribbling and general build-up play.

I'd have no hope if we were at the Etihad as you do clearly have the better side, but its a different story at our ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.