Paqueta Charged By The FA.

Surely the FA have more than circumstantial evidence because if not they will lose imo. His defence will clearly use the fact that bets were placed on Paqueta Island. Imagine being a group of football fans on there and either knew him/knew he was from around the area. Its not wild to assume this group of people would consider him their fave player.
They therefore decide one day 'lets put bets on him'. Its not crazy they would choose 'to get booked'. I can only assume they placed these bets only on the weeks he did as if they did it weekly there's no case to answer. But even if it was only on the 4 times he was booked, that's still circumstantial and i cant see that holding up in court, especially since 4 times is hardly the greatest of mathematical anomality.

Shame, as the guy oozes talent. Not sure WTF he was thinking if the betting allegations are true. He's making a shit ton of money free and clear - why engage in fixing sport bets?

It wont have been about making money for himself though, it will have been about making money for others that he knows
I don't follow... if he's so concerned about the financial well being of others, he could simply have given them money.

Maybe he's just stupidly greedy... maybe there's some sort of secret leverage against him, blackmailing him into his actions... beats me.

I don't follow... if he's so concerned about the financial well being of others, he could simply have given them money.

Maybe he's just stupidly greedy... maybe there's some sort of secret leverage against him, blackmailing him into his actions... beats me.
I dont think its hard to follow to be fair. He has been able to make money for people without giving it away out of his own pocket. Pretty simple to follow, I think anyway

I dont think its hard to follow to be fair. He has been able to make money for people without giving it away out of his own pocket. Pretty simple to follow, I think anyway
He’ll have got something out of the arrangement, whether it be a cut or simply that his family are well looked after in that community.

It’s possible he’s a modern day Robin Hood, but unlikely. He’s naïve either way!

Maybe...

At the same time, you'd be pretty fucking stupid to think that you'd get away with it.

Paqueta is a brilliant footballer - if he's guilty as charged that he should rightly receive a life ban from professional football. Which is a shame for him - and for all the fun and excitement for fans he might have created.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.