Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Controversial view probably but all sports that rely solely on judges are a bit rubbish. It’s like what the red shirts want in football, matches decided by VAR.

The Olympic motto is “Stronger, Faster, Higher” so how does judging something come into it?

So gymnastics and diving are abit rubbish?

Didn’t help that the commentary gave absolutely no idea what was a good run or a bad…..they thought they were all amazing!

I know you get extra score for using all the areas of the park. But whilst the majority of riders did big tricks, they would roll up and down certain ramps for speed where the Brit was doing it on everything.

I have a feeling the Brit lad got penalised because he is so good and they expected even more!

So gymnastics and diving are abit rubbish?
Don’t know I never watch them.

That said one of the best things I’ve ever seen in my life was Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas. The gymnastics was unbelievable stuff, I just don’t know how you can tell that one is better than the other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.