Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Controversial view probably but all sports that rely solely on judges are a bit rubbish. It’s like what the red shirts want in football, matches decided by VAR.

The Olympic motto is “Stronger, Faster, Higher” so how does judging something come into it?

I don't think they're rubbish, but I do feel for those involved and spending so much time and effort preparing for something and it come down to certain opinions. Brits in the boxing have lost 4 times on split decisions now for example.

The commentators in gymnastics seem to be able to identify the penalties and errors and the same for diving. They mentioned a few errors here or there but they didn't see the Argie's score and suggest it was unbeatable and based on how good our lad was, I'm not sure what he had to do to better it.

I know you get extra score for using all the areas of the park. But whilst the majority of riders did big tricks, they would roll up and down certain ramps for speed where the Brit was doing it on everything.

I have a feeling the Brit lad got penalised because he is so good and they expected even more!
I think he was probably penalised for being British

I don't think they're rubbish, but I do feel for those involved and spending so much time and effort preparing for something and it come down to certain opinions. Brits in the boxing have lost 4 times on split decisions now for example.

The commentators in gymnastics seem to be able to identify the penalties and errors and the same for diving. They mentioned a few errors here or there but they didn't see the Argie's score and suggest it was unbeatable and based on how good our lad was, I'm not sure what he had to do to better it.

Chalk and cheese, aren't they?

I think the BMX/skateboard comms are probably much younger than the gymnastics/diving judges who don't just shout maniacally - they're also closer and have sports played in silence to talk about, so probably have to be more reserved.

Too much sugar consumed!

Controversial view probably but all sports that rely solely on judges are a bit rubbish. It’s like what the red shirts want in football, matches decided by VAR.

The Olympic motto is “Stronger, Faster, Higher” so how does judging something come into it?
I agree Lego and we should come up with alternatives like
Mobility scooter racing -endless possibilities with time trials, road races, relays etc
Dwarf throwing using a trebuchet.

Thing with the commentators say in the diving they get different angles and slo mo replay judges get non of that, although I agree I thought the Brit and The French lad pissed over the Argie in BMX

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.