Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

I think she is completely unrealistic and gets very carried away with herself. Sir Chris Hoy is a lot more knowledgeable and rational. But of course the bbc give more airtime to the chatty unrealistic one
She was barking mad with her predictions but I really like her as a person, you could have a good laugh with her.

About 1 in 4 of us being thick as fuck. The true answer is <1%. 1 in 16 think they could make the 100m in LA or the Cycling team haha.

I wonder what sports you'd get closest in, I imagine a lot of the non-physical sports, Archery, Shooting are your best chances.

Dunno. From what I’ve seen I’d fancy my chances at ‘breaking’.

About 1 in 4 of us being thick as fuck. The true answer is <1%. 1 in 16 think they could make the 100m in LA or the Cycling team haha.

I wonder what sports you'd get closest in, I imagine a lot of the non-physical sports, Archery, Shooting are your best chances.

I reckon I could have qualified for the Australian breakdancing team.

Emma Finucane bronze means we've matched Tokyo for medals. 1 behind London. 3 behind Rio.

Obviously the golds are down but the medal count is a reflection of how competitive we've been.

The cycling and the boxing have been disappointing this games. The athletics got 10 medals although only one gold. 14 gold and 63 medals is a good GB haul overall. A strange games for us.
Athletics did well (so close to 2 more golds); rowing and equestrian did well as did shooting. Cycling decent number of medals but disappointing re golds, boxing really bad as they were hyped up (then again Bunce hypes everything up). Sailing disappointing, although women’s windsurfing was fucked over by the format

Emma Finucane bronze means we've matched Tokyo for medals. 1 behind London. 3 behind Rio.

Obviously the golds are down but the medal count is a reflection of how competitive we've been.
Sorry but I don’t agree (with respect, as you’ve been the top expert in the Olympics thread), for me the Olympics is about golds, as important as valiant second and third places are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.