Paris 2024 Olympics Thread - 11th August (pg 430)

Our gold medallist in kite surfing basically decided to try it because she saw it on television. Some of these sports are niche as fuck. An athletically gifted person could definitely make the Olympics with 4 years dedicated training in certain sports. Track and field cycling and swimming no chance unless you are a freak athlete.
27% of Brits aren't even the right age to pick up a sport and train to Olympic level, never mind the actual aptitude.

About 1 in 4 of us being thick as fuck. The true answer is <1%. 1 in 16 think they could make the 100m in LA or the Cycling team haha.

I wonder what sports you'd get closest in, I imagine a lot of the non-physical sports, Archery, Shooting are your best chances.

I think there's a fair few "sports" that many people who have never done it before could pick up and get themselves to the required level but who are these mentalists that think they can run a sub 11 second 100m?

There go the Dutch above us in the medal table. Fantastic for them, especially cycling, rowing and hockey. For their population that’s a tremendous Olympics. China now ahead of USA
USA go back ahead with wins in women’s omnium and women’s basketball, also in volleyball final

A very good Olympics. Great to have crowds again and with it being so accessible to so many its been fantastic. The sailing events pretty poorly organised, you can't control the weather but it's clearly not the best place for it. Swimming in the Seine...probably not the greatest idea either but got there in the end.

Some excellent drama and a good performance overall from GB in terms of overall medals. However, not a great performance with too many missed chances seeing us lose 5-6 golds. To end up below the Dutch, Aussies and French is a bit disappointing.

Bring on LA!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.