Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

In the first half we were tentative with the pressing and they could play through it really easily. You saw Gueye and Veratti picking up the balls from their center halves really easily, but this team isn't as comfortable on the ball as Dortmund who managed to get through us when we pressed hard. The adjustment was to push 2 up to press and it warranted mistakes from them.

In the pre-match thread i had Zinchenko to start, the biggest reasons for this are that he gives you stability in performance, keeps things simple and does the job he's told to do. I think Cancelo on the right isn't as much of an issue as Cancelo on the left as his attacking threat negates his deficiencies, and he reacts by defending better as well. The game was moving anyway, but Zinchenko coming on provided us with that base to attack from. HAS to start the second leg imo.

Just seen the score (I'm working away). F*cking great result!!!

This pissed me off though. Dirty Scouse c*nt who doesn't care about City but want's us to loose?

WANKER!!!
Why though.
He is being honest like you and I don’t want the scousers to win.
I hate it when non blue mates want us to win, it’s disingenuous , I always want them to get beat.

PSG scored 4 at barcelona a few weeks ago, and that was after conceding a penalty.
Barcelona were dreadfully arrogant in how attacking they were and they rightfully got torn to shreds.

They were far better in the 2nd leg. In fact how much Barcelona improved over the games should be the biggest source if encouragement. PSG have oodles of quality but the 1st half last night was possibly their only chance to catch us out and we rode it out.

Amazing performance from the lads. I keep hearing how PSG dominated the first half. Agreed they were a bit better than is but we still had a couple of decent moments and kept the ball well.

Walker was immense the whole game. His all round contribute to the side can not be under estimated. His runs off the ball and his willingness to force situations for us is such a let out. Great team performance.
Agreed, worked his socks off , them unselfish runs to draw defenders .
The corner resulting from one of them runs we scored the first goal from .
He was brilliant .

Barcelona were dreadfully arrogant in how attacking they were and they rightfully got torn to shreds.

They were far better in the 2nd leg. In fact how much Barcelona improved over the games should be the biggest source if encouragement. PSG have oodles of quality but the 1st half last night was possibly their only chance to catch us out and we rode it out.

think they’ll be good in the first half next week too - we need to tire them out by keeping the ball & making them do all the running.

Neymar should be a doubt judging by his frequent theatrical injuries last night :)

"Pep fixed it, moving everybody 5-10 m higher up the pitch" ??

Pep moved the whole team further up the pitch 5-10m which allowed us to play the way we have all season playing a high line, Kev Gundo Bernie really started to take hold.
1st half I thought Kev was completely out of rhythm, looked unfit and slow if you were referring to previous posts, the semi is not the place to get back up to speed, however the change at half time seemed sort him out.
Kev is our best player a-lot to do with his rhythm, coming back from injury he needs a few games like Kun.
My point is that Pep kept him on the pitch - where as you wanted to sub him off.

Well done to the whole team, that was fantastic to watch and I'm bouncing along this morning. Great performance, enjoyable game and a great result.

Was worried that a 3rd goal after their red would be needed, but it is more reliant on our attitude in the second leg to be honest.

What I saw last night in psg was us a few years back, and where I feared we were heading towards half time. Lost control, couldn't play our game, the difference being we stayed clam and they lost their heads once behind.

One of the most pleasing aspects was, we know they are dangerous running at us, rarely did that happen and I can only remember two occasions where they did that and ended up in our box. Great application and tactics from us.

Special mention to Mr Whippy coming back from that tackle and looking for the ball, taking responsibility again. That injury he had earlier in his city career clearly affected his application, but shows how he has stepped up to dust himself off and be part of the team effort despite a pretty awful challenge that must have hurt.

Lucky goals? Maybe. But the first was a great ball that they didn't defend, and the second was a free kick that they turned away from. Not our problem, we had the quality to get the ball into those positions.

We need to keep that composure but be on the front foot. They HAVE to score twice against us so just remain calm and alert. Use the ball well and they'll be chasing 3 or 4.

Can see the second leg finishing with 2 or 3 apiece. They could tear anyone apart, but they didn't last night. Thought they had, turned their back on the tiger and got mauled.

They will press second leg, would love to see us utilise Eddie's long ranger over the top early on to remind them we have other ways to break them.

Oh, and Neymar. Such a shame that such an insanely talented footballer feels the need to cheat and con his way to victory. One minute claiming he's broken his wrist, the next he's pushing himself off the floor with the same wrist to get on the end of a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.