Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Foden is better than Sterling in every way except pace. I don't see Sterling sitting out too many games and being happy but he isn't playing anywhere near Phil's level. Could be off come the Summer window.
Not even sure on the pace question.

But it's not necessarily a slight on sterling. Foden is one in a lifetime

Last 10mins of the first half it looked like the penny dropped for us, PSG looked gassed and once Zinchenko replaced Cancelo (sensible sub as on a yellow), then we completely roasted them to be fair. Not being biased at all but we bossed it, moving Foden centrally worked as he has no fear, receive ball, turn, and then power through on goal. He scared them. Also Bernardo/Mahrez and Walker on the overlap worked very well, their LB Bakken couldn't cope with that triangle after having a very solid first half nullifying Mahrez. I am so so happy.

That was a high quality game, and little old city came out on top! PSG were the same against Bayern , they tired 2nd half but always have the threat on the breakaway. Zinchenko was a lot better on the ball than Cancelo, but will he get done for pace in the return? Walker was brilliant.

Not even sure on the pace question.

But it's not necessarily a slight on sterling. Foden is one in a lifetime
To be fair if I was taken out of a team and replaced with a lad who supports the team, is a generational talent and is just better I couldn't really complain and I'd leave with my head high.

Very poor for all but the final 10 of the first half but magnificent second half. One of the best halves of football I think I've ever seen us produce. Thought that Zinch coming on changed the game, giving us more balance and control on the left. Good change by Pep, taking Cancelo off, with the danger of picking up a second yellow. Stones, Walker and Father Ruben all excellent to a man. Nice of BT to give decent commentary and punditry too. Thought the commentary was fair and balanced tonight. Rightly praising PSG for their first half performance without slagging City. Fair synopsis of the second half too, rightly praising the performance. Great night to be a Blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.