Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

wish we wouldnt look so vulnerable when defending corners, yet we dont look too threatening when taking a direct corner - like tonight we seem to score more when playing around the box with stones and dias staying up after the corner has been taken

I hope we don’t get over confident in second leg. This PSG team can score goals. We need kill the game and frustrate them early. If we score first the tie should be over.

not really. Their game plan won’t change even if we do score first. They have to score 2 goals as a minimum regardless of what we do.

Only saw the first half before having to head to work so could only listen to 2nd half in the car.
But...well done City, great result
I did smile when it started to sound like PSG players were starting to lose it a little.
Whilst PSG do have some great players and do play some good stuff, how could they not with what /who they have, I have never particularly liked them, pretty similar to Bayern. Its just the idea that in their own league they simply pick off the best players of their nearest competitors which maintains their supremacy.
So well, done once again and hope you see it through in 2nd leg

Fantastic result but it's only half time, PSG are more than capable of scoring a few at our place.
I think it'll be close ,i'm going for a draw in the 2nd leg and a load of stressed out blues

Manager reaction - 'Sometimes you need to be more relaxed'​

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to BT Sport: "Sometimes you need to be more relaxed and be ourselves. The first half is normal - you don't want to lose the ball [so] you don't play free. We changed a little in the way we press. We were passive [earlier on]. Then we were more aggressive. It's not easy against Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria.

"Afterwards we found goals and could have scored another. I'm so satisfied with the performance but we're only halfway. There are 90 more minutes. Anything can happen.

"We didn't have good possession in the right positions. This club don't have much experience in the semi-finals of this tournament. This will help us. In the second half we were aggressive and played really good.

"Against Dortmund, we conceded and came back. Today the same. [We were] ourselves in the second half. We are good playing in a certain way - we can't do a different way."

PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino to BT Sport: "There were two different halves - we did well in the first half but it is difficult to eliminate a team like City. We deserved to be ahead but they were better than us and dominated the second half. The two goals were accidents, but they created more than us. It was one half for each team.

"The two goals are very disappointing. It is difficult to accept but that can happen, and it has happened in a semi-final. It is very painful.

"It is difficult to explain why they were better but we were better in the first half. It was difficult to cope, their physical condition, they were more aggressive. We didn't show the energy you need. The red card could be yellow, could be red.

"The second leg - in football you need to believe. They have the advantage."
Something to with rotation I would guess, as much as many on here didn't like it.

Now, think of any other football pundit, English who is watching and English team, in a match against foreign opposition who has taken such an opposite view of a goal scored in a match.

If he isn't sacked for his total bias when supposed to be at least neutral or at least a little bit biased towards our countries team then it's up to us to do something about it.

I'm a useless old prat who hasn't got a clue how to set this up, but there must be loads of Blues who can put something online to get this **** sacked. A total wankstain of a bloke, from a total wankstain of a club.
We could post a clip online of him spitting at a teenage girl, surely that would get him sacked......oh hang on.

Just so fuckin' proud of this team and manager. Being essentially battered in the first half but surviving and then to come out like that in the second half...?

Just brilliant.

That's all.

OK....Brilliant. ;)

Their goal wasn't preventable, just an all round fantastic header that - at that stage - they deserved.

City picked it up in the second half, as we do, and they couldn't live with us. Our quality shone through.

An absolute triumph for Pep and the lads and proof we absolutely deserve to be here. All that premature talk of bottling in the matchday thread was shameful even by BM standards. Couldn't be more proud of my team, from the lowest feelings a week ago to winning a trophy and our first CL semi-final victory.

Half time, good so far but will have to be at our very best next week to progress.

They are a top side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.