Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Foden is better than Sterling in every way except pace. I don't see Sterling sitting out too many games and being happy but he isn't playing anywhere near Phil's level. Could be off come the Summer window.
Huh? I'm a Sterling fan but I think his pace is a myth, or at least he never seems to use it... Foden's pace and especially his acceleration is absolutely incredible now and he knows exactly how to use it

Palace v City reserves Saturday, meanwhile PSG play 5th place Lens in a must win game as they are behind Lille in a title chase with just 4 games to go. Lens are in a race for a Europa League spot which is very important to them. I'd never wish injury on players (apart from Rags and Dippers) but I hope that snide twat Neymar's suffers from something not too trivial, like his leg dropping off.
Then no need to wish. Whatever PSG has, bring them all. We might lose or win, but we'll fight. No need to afraid or hate, they just make us weak.

I don't understand this. PSG outplay us in the first half like nobody else, and then we outplay them even better in the second half. Perhaps they got tired after we upped the tempo.
I think it was more tactical than tiredness.

They played with loads of energy and intensity in that first half, and overran us in midfield, pressing Rodri. But I thought that Rodri isolation came from Potchetino who got his tactics spot on to take away our inverted full backs by keeping them occupied wide. So Rodri was a bit isolated in a 4-3-3 where our full backs weren’t coming infield to protect him.

But Pep went more 4-4-2 without the ball in the second half and the 4 in midfield (Foden Gundogan Rodri Mahrez) weren’t as spread out across the pitch when they had the ball as the 3 in the first half were, giving Rodri more protection.

But when we were on top we created chances. They didn’t really, other than a couple of Neymar shots that Ederson dealt with early doors and their dangerous corners, they didn’t really create anything meaningful.

They displayed something I think we can take into the second leg more than the result n’all... I thought their attitude stunk in the second half. They were easily rattled and they got frustrated.

I think we were far from being at our best but we didn’t get rattled when they were on top.

Their goal wasn't preventable, just an all round fantastic header
I agree.

Nothing we could do about their goal. When a player leaves one zone and heads the ball from a cross right on his head in front of another player who’s already marking someone in another zone, it’s all on whether he hits the target or not.

Great cross, great run, good header, training ground move that we might have to go man-to-man because of in the second leg. No complaints about anyone of our players for it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.