Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL - Tue 28 Sep 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
good to see Wilson-Esbrand in the squad, about time we gave a LB from the academy a chance

Christ but that's a good twenty-one players!

Much as I liked what I saw of the lad the other night, I have a question. Not very sure about the rules: would that mean that Zin would be ruled out of the left back position for all group games? Because I wouldn't be in favour of that. But perhaps it's not the case. I've always been a bit hazy about the complexity of who can and cannot be picked in CL games.

Anyone who thinks this isnt a big game is deluding themselves - this game will be watched across the whole of Europe like the last 2 were. We are perceived as a club by the World by our performances in the Champions League as those are the matches watched by the bigger global audience. In terms of the outcome of the Group it isn't the be all and end all and yes the Premier League has a large audience but im not sure as global as the CL. Include the fact Pep ALWAYS goes very strong in this competition and line ups including EDS or U23 kids are a fantasy (unless we were desperate in a particular position - they could obviously get a few minutes if they are in the squad and on the bench in some games for big game experience). Pep may rotate and Stones, Ferna, Sterling, Mahrez & Torres may start or may come on or any combination of both.
I'm looking forward to the game but don't think last year will have any bearing on the outcome. They are stronger - no doubt. That front three on their day could take any defence apart - ours included, on another day we keep a clean sheet and win the game. Its what makes football so intriguing. Testing yourself at the highest level is every top footballers dream. Jack will be looking forward to going up against the Goat, Mbappe and Neymar etc. its where you can make a name for yourself and legends are born. I'll still Boooo their theme tune but bring it on I say.......

Anyone who thinks this isnt a big game is deluding themselves - this game will be watched across the whole of Europe like the last 2 were.

Who thinks that? Of course it's a big game. With the decline of the two Spanish clubs, and Juventus (in relative terms), it's now one of the biggest in Europe. No question. What some people are arguing I think, is that it won't be a total disaster in terms of progressing from the group if we don't win it.

Much as I liked what I saw of the lad the other night, I have a question. Not very sure about the rules: would that mean that Zin would be ruled out of the left back position for all group games? Because I wouldn't be in favour of that. But perhaps it's not the case. I've always been a bit hazy about the complexity of who can and cannot be picked in CL games.
Zinchy is injured at the moment

Zinchenko has played in the CL against Leipzig. He is just injured now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.