Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Just read in the MEN we had 94 % pass completion, and Bernardo 100 %. Madness. That must be a record against a team like PSG.

Another good thing from last night: it's likely that Palmer will start vs Leipzig, maybe McAtee as well!
Not to be a buzzkill but I recall Xavi doing the same thing with over 90 passes once upon a time, also against PSG.

Good company though for Bernardo.

The first time I can remember for ages when we've played brilliantly for the whole 90 mins. That was near on the complete performance last night, with just a couple of sloppy errors in the whole 90 mins.
Gundogan absolutely everywhere, definitely plays better without Kev in the side, infact it sounds bad but we do play better full stop without Kev in the team, a dilemma for Pep when KDB returns.
Walker had another amazing game, wouldn't swap him for any other right back in the world, absolute class.
Brilliant City, hopefully we can keep it up for Sunday, another really tough game though

I'd like to hear from that weird "I'm not bothered about the Champions League" sect. One of the joyless twats collared me in the bar beforehand and I had to move away. After first of all informing me that the stand was full of PSG fans and it was going to kick off, he then said "I just can't get excited about games like this".

WTF? Surely every Blue now must be absolutely loving seeing us pit ourselves against the best players, teams and managers in the world.
Well said.
It's just the alleged bias towards certain clubs that stops a lot of fans from getting fully behind the competition as a whole imo.

Firstly want to say how utterly brilliant the whole team was last night to a man. Went 1-0 down completely against the run of play but we never let our heads go down and we were more than worthy winners on the night. The crowd and atmosphere last night was also superb and at times I thought that noise really transferred to the players and had PSG running scared. A great night, particularly as I had one mouthy PSG fan near me who fell completely silent when our first went in as the sense of inevitability set in.

My one small complaint would be the lack of a striker and at times it's evidence last night. We could've had 4 or 5 if we had someone on the penalty spot attacking the countless balls that we play into the box.

All in all though tactics spot on and Bernie again absolutely flawless, we are so much better than them and it shows.

It's occasions like this that secure fans for life. Kids want atmosphere as well as good football.In front of me was a foreign family, no idea where from and they looked out of place, but it was heartwarming to me to see them stood up chanting "City" like they'd been going since the Main Road days.
There were three young lads with skinheads who came in and sat front of me who looked like PSG fans. Turns out they were Ukrainian lads living and working down south who had started following City because of Zinchenko, they were similar age to him and were buzzing that he started. Fair fucks to them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.