Paris Saint-Germain (H) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Get innnnnnnn!!!

What a performance that was. The lads defended so well, every single one of them. They fought and fought to ensure we protected the lead and then picked PSG off. Like a world class boxer we just dodged their punches and wore them down before landing the blows we needed.

Their petulance and childish behaviour was ridiculous. Fernandinho though. The master. Got Di Maria right where he wanted him and won us the game with that sending off. Then it was heads gone time again.

We are in the final and I am buzzing. But the final isn't what we want, the trophy is what we are playing this game for. Let's go and win it blues, my God we deserve it!

Woke up at 5. Knew I wouldn't sleep.
So I lay in bed, thinking about a warm late summer evening, as I remember it, many moons ago, when I stood on the Kippax and saw us play a naive football match against the not-very-terrifying Fenerbahce. First contact with European competition, and it was clear that my heroes — Bell, Young, Summerbee, Heslop and all the others — didn't really know what they were doing. I couldn't understand it. It's just the same game, played against eleven opponents, with an inflatable ball on grass, isn't it? Why weren't they sweeping them away? This team that, I will admit, I'd never heard of.
We didn't go out that night. We went out in the return leg, in Istanbul.

We're going back to Istanbul. Life comes round. But never in exactly the same way.
Yep, I was there vs Fenerbahce and we were dreadful. We did not exactly 'terrify europe' (prop big Mal). A long distance travelled since.
C'mon City,

You make a great point re. Neymar.
Theres no doubting he’s a great footballer but he’s a flawed genius who approaches the game thinking he’s above his team mates and doesn’t bother himself to be a team player.
Hell never be considered a ‘great’ of the game as his ego precedes his abilities on the pitch and everyone can see it!
What he didn't have is playing under a great manager who knows how to keep egos in check.

Amazing performance.....

Sat back...let the fuckers run about like total idiots ...hit them on the break twice...

And had a relatively easy second half ..

Congratulations blues..you are in the Champions league final

Who'd have thought a defensive performance like that without Laporte?

Amazing squad.

Enjoy every minute lads and lasses....

I can't think of a set of true fans more deserving.

A brilliant, controlled performance by the lads. Everyone played well and Mahrez made the difference. It’s been tremendous seeing the improvements in our defence too and Fernandinho put in a great shift in midfield.

Well done to the Blues who were at the ground to welcome our team. You did us proud.

Still buzzing at work from this morning's result. Will watch the replay when I get home, didn't enjoy the performance properly with the nerves through out the game, didn't feel comfortable until the red card, even though I knew we had then covered. Old habits die hard I guess.

Hasn't sunk in we have finally made the Champions League final, but we aren't in it to make it, it's time to win it. It's our time now and winning this competition will seal it.

Special mention to Pep for his great post game interviews, mentioning all the past City legends. Was a great touch.

And the fans pre and post game, you all deserved that moment for what covid has put you all through, brought a tear to my eye to see all the support and what it meant to City fans back in Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.