Paris Saint-Germain (H) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

Lots of play acting, surrounding of the ref. The dark arts didn’t help them last night.
The point about the "dark arts" is its meant to be subtle, put pressure on the ref, and drag the opposition team into the game you want to play. The only team PSG managed to drag into their own bullshit were PSG and possibly, for the briefest moment, Zinch. Fernandinho outplayed them on that front, and then Mahrez and Jesus took the piss out them knowing they'd draw fouls that should probably have been red. There is a genuine art to "dark arts" and PSG haven't mastered it at all.

PSG were a disgrace last night. The constant appealing for everything, moaning and rolling around was a despicable. Even worse was them trying to injure our players when they knew they were going out. They should have been down to nine men at the end.
If they had somehow got themselves into a winning position the cheating would have been off the scale.
Fortunately for us as they were chasing the game they didn't want to fuck about too much.
It's sad that teams with plenty of talent go down this path but justice was done in the end.

Still overjoyed after last night. But it just hit me. IF we win the CL. Will Pep still have the drive to take us to another level? Will the hunger be still there? Or will he feel that he has achieved everything?

I really hope it won't hasten his departure. I don't want the Pep era to end anytime soon.

In-cred-i-ble. In-cred-i-ble.

Poch should be disgusted with himself at some of the challenges his team made over the 2 legs. Never had anything against PSG before, but hope Lille stuff them to the league & Mbappe leaves on a free. That wasn't football, that was trying to damage a team you're clearly inferior to.

But more importantly, what a performance to a man. Treble & Aguero being given a proper send-off. If it happens, proper fairytale stuff.
Let's sign Mbappe when he goes free but I would get a pacy tall striker when Agüero leaves , would you?

scary thing is this morning is we have to do it all again in a couple of weeks
the pressure of all of this not good for the blood pressure and the ticker ? i thanked god when i woke up this morning

that team performance last night. it was body and soul on the line. all or nothing. pride in battle.
no amount of money can buy that. yes talent/skill/quality is not cheap ? but what won the game last night was the togetherness as a team. we was not losing last night

Still overjoyed after last night. But it just hit me. IF we win the CL. Will Pep still have the drive to take us to another level? Will the hunger be still there? Or will he feel that he has achieved everything?

I really hope it won't hasten his departure. I don't want the Pep era to end anytime soon.
I think he wants to be remembered for staying and dominating the champions league and domestic league with one team and he has everything he could ever need with us

Well done. A fantastic performance, I'm sure you noticed. I had been looking forward to it all day. Half an hour before kick off the Mrs tells me we have to go and pick up something. It's not far and I think, it's doable. Turned out it was and I switched the telly on to a lot of the screen telling me to switch on the power, I looked at it and said, how the fuck can I read what you are saying without power? Anyway, as my five year old grandson wasn't in the vicinity to fix my techno troubles, I started to watch it on Hesgoals. Two Dutch commentators were getting me in the mood for shom weed and maybe shom shex later. Brilliant.

Eventually the Mrs worked out what was wrong and the bastard telly was back.

I thought you were brilliant. The bottle issues of the past in the later stages were gone and you never looked in trouble, defending like mad bastards, cool, organised. Two excellent goals and you're in the final.

Just one more game and it's yours. I hope most of you are hungover. If it was us, I would be in an alcohol induced coma. Well done City.

Good point, but let's go and win it first, then worry about that.

Hopefully he will want back to back Champions League titles before he says adios.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.