Park homes?

can vouch for that, signing up for a lease means giving the owners carte blanche to do whatever they feel like doing. The mark-up on new statics is vast and is the incentive to act like the worst landlords you can imagine. So they do. There are sites with permanent chalets but you pay for the privilege with council tax service charges etc and the initial purchase, mostly over-fifties/retirement communities.
There are many horror stories about holiday homes, and despite numerous promises from the govt nothing gets done....
Agree with you , I would recommend anyone thinking of buying one to do alot of research. I thought it was ideal for me after my divorce a cheap place to live with an out lay of about 20k. Two years later a take over, thrown off and 18k out of pocket.

Would definitely do my home work on park homes and park holidays

It was exploration lots of the older people were in tears and had no where to go. Plus they stopped us having our post/mail from being delivered and had to use someone else address.
The new owners also made us get of the site for two weeks every 12 months, the old owners never bothered with that.
Perhaps the rules are different for a residential site. I didnt getting of for 2 weeks just went on holiday.

As has been said they arent cheap to buy plus the ground rent must be around 5k a year

Yes that sounds like a holiday home as oppose to a residential home. You do have to vacate them for a few weeks a year.

OP why does it have to be a caravan type home. If you live Alty way your house must be worth a decent amount. Why not buy a small house somewhere quiet, Welsh villages (away from the coast to avoid scousers !) or the North East, stunningly beautiful and a hell of a lot cheaper.

OP why does it have to be a caravan type home. If you live Alty way your house must be worth a decent amount. Why not buy a small house somewhere quiet, Welsh villages (away from the coast to avoid scousers !) or the North East, stunningly beautiful and a hell of a lot cheaper.
Met two couples over in Rhodes, one a City fan, had upped sticks and moved out, both ended up in small villages, one in Cumbria the other in Northumberland, loved it, defo wouldn't return.

i bought one in July,its between Poulton & Garstang,never ever fancied anything like that but its the best thing i've ever done,i spend more time there than i do at home.
site fees are 2k a year March to January but if you pay an additional £200 its all the year round,owners are sound,only about 40 vans on site,hardly any kids & dog friendly....love it...

You need to check out the 1983 Mobile Homes acts as amended.

The site owner can claim a 10% sell on when you move and they will always do this, this has been under review for a long time so no guarantee it will change to.

They are often pretty cold at the time of your life you want warmth, and some old people move in and then want to move back to traditional housing.

You need to check out the 1983 Mobile Homes acts as amended.

The site owner can claim a 10% sell on when you move and they will always do this, this has been under review for a long time so no guarantee it will change to.

They are often pretty cold at the time of your life you want warmth, and some old people move in and then want to move back to traditional housing.
This is correct,the lady i bought mine off needed a quick sale as her husband was very ill & wanted to go back to her hometown for his last days,she'd lived there for 10 years but they still charged her 10% for the sale...

Met two couples over in Rhodes, one a City fan, had upped sticks and moved out, both ended up in small villages, one in Cumbria the other in Northumberland, loved it, defo wouldn't return.
Ex work colleague of mine sold the house and moved to the Fylde coast but now recently swapped it for Northumberland and love it.

I am moving at the end of this month into a park 20 mins east from Tampa in a lovely wooded area - $600 a month lot rent compared to $1,600 where i am currently renting an apartment. Will give work 3 more years and then go part time / semi retirement. It's an over 55 community (most of them are here) but as long as one of you is over 55, anyone else 45 plus can live there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.