Parker agreed terms (or has he?) [Merged]

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
because he's an improvment on Fernandes and Hamman.

Neither of who are good enough for the starting 11 on a regular basis.

What's next, spend £20m on any player better than Danny Mills?

ono said:
When you look at the away games we have lost this season

Boro 0-2, Bolton 0-2, Wigan 1-2, WBA 1-2, Villa 2-4, Racing 1-3,

It's not hard to see why we'd benefit from having somebody like Parker in the centre of midfield to accompany Kompany (see what i did there, looks easy but it's not).

Parker (and wayne bridge) will go someway to ensuring we are a lot more solid away from home. Once we start picking up points away from home against teams who 'battle' we can start to add the star players everybody wants.
Correct

You have to look at what our weaknesses are, and address them, and not just go out and buy another Robinho. we need a player in the mould of barton, but without the disciplinary problems. Parker fits the bill.

It would be stupid to rubbish him, when you look at who played against Forest. What are the alternatives in the Premiership. Jimmy Bullard? Can the critics give us their altenatives?

I'm fed up of watching City go away from home, and get bullied out of the games. Happens time and time again. We have one player who can win the ball in midfield, and that's Kompany, and to a lesser extent Ireland. What is the point of having Robinho and SWP if you can't get possession of the ball? I expect most people would agree with that, but if there are alternatives to parker, then who are they? Are you comfortable leaving it until the Summer?

That's a possibility, but why not buy Parker, and then strengthen again in the Summer?

Look at Villa. MON has had 3 years there. What did he do in the Summer? He bough Sidwell, Shorey, and Luke Young. This is how you build a team. If we were in and around the top 4, then maybe we could attract some superstar players, but I don't see many available, and we're not

Arsenal are after a midfielder as well

Marvin said:
Look at Villa. MON has had 3 years there. What did he do in the Summer? He bough Sidwell, Shorey, and Luke Young.

And of the three Young is probably the only one that has made any real positive impact. Shorey is making noises about leaving, Sidwell has been mediocre at best.

O'Neill also spent over £25m on Davies, Cuellar, Friedel, Guzan, Milner in the summer.

moomba said:
Marvin said:
Look at Villa. MON has had 3 years there. What did he do in the Summer? He bough Sidwell, Shorey, and Luke Young.

And of the three Young is probably the only one that has made any real positive impact. Shorey is making noises about leaving, Sidwell has been mediocre at best.

O'Neill also spent over £25m on Davies, Cuellar, Friedel, Guzan, Milner in the summer.

shorey is first choice and ive seen nothing from anywere to say he wants to leave?sidwell is allso first choice and he has been effective in his role in the center,as far as i can see all 3 have made a major impact as aston villa are fight within the top 4 atm.

leewill31 said:
moomba said:
Marvin said:

shorey is first choice and ive seen nothing from anywere to say he wants to leave?sidwell is allso first choice and he has been effective in his role in the center,as far as i can see all 3 have made a major impact as aston villa are fight within the top 4 atm.

Nicky Shorey is not first choice, he's hardly played recently they've been playing Luke Young at left back

Failsworth_Blue said:
leewill31 said:
moomba said:
Marvin said:

Nicky Shorey is not first choice, he's hardly played recently they've been playing Luke Young at left back

19 games says he has!

He started the season as first choice however he is not first choice left back anymore, Luke Young has been playing there

Would you people stop fucking talking about buying Parker for 6 months then strengthening further in the summer? Christ. Yeah I can see that going down well.

Hughes: Yeah Scott come do a job for us then in the summer you'll be replaced for someone of better quality after we tie you down to a massive length contract so you can sit your arse on the bench and make sub appearances.
Parker: TAXI!

You lot are fucking insane. Then a couple of seasons later when Parkers been mediocre shite and on 100 grand a week tied down for more seasons and been injury prone and not made an impact at all you lot will be calling for his fucking head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.