Parking Charge Notice advice

@Ric, what was the final outcome of your Mrs's misdemeanour?

A friend of a friend has been issued with a notice for poor parking, over the line two bays (probably a woman in an SUV)

Yes I know she probably deserves the fine, but did you appeal or get your fine withdrawn or reduced?

She just ended up paying the fine mate.

I know a chap who gets these regularly for an 'offence' he commuted in a retail park car park.

He wipes his arse on them and sends them back the dirty bastard.

Fair play though IMO.

Take care everyone.
This woman thought she was being clever...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-39478203

Parking 'tickets' issued by private companies in private car parks are not fines, they are Parking Charge Notices.

Private landowners and car parking firms do not have the power to issue Penalty Charge Notices, such as those given by council traffic wardens and the police.

By parking in a restricted area, a motorist can be considered to be agreeing to a contract, provided there is adequate signage warning of the charge.

Failing to pay can be seen as a breach of contract and the car parking firm can take the motorist to court to recover their losses.

I don't quite understand that. Says private companies can't fine you but they can take you to court for "breach of contract" which is basically just them fining you anyway.

I don't quite understand that. Says private companies can't fine you but they can take you to court for "breach of contract" which is basically just them fining you anyway.
They're not fining you though, they're suing you for breach of contract in effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.