Parking Charge Notice advice

A few years ago I ended up leaving my car in Morrisons car park in Chorlton overnight as I had a few beers.

Got sent a letter from some car parking company who are subcontracted by Morrisons to manage their parking. Just ignored it. A few weeks later I had a letter from some made up solicitors demanding about £800 (lol).

Chucked that in the bin too and never heard anything about it again.

These private parking wankers are a scam, they rely on scaring people with letters and empty threats in the hope they’ll pay up.

A few years ago I ended up leaving my car in Morrisons car park in Chorlton overnight as I had a few beers.

Got sent a letter from some car parking company who are subcontracted by Morrisons to manage their parking. Just ignored it. A few weeks later I had a letter from some made up solicitors demanding about £800 (lol).

Chucked that in the bin too and never heard anything about it again.

These private parking wankers are a scam, they rely on scaring people with letters and empty threats in the hope they’ll pay up.
You could have turned it around on them if it was a made up solicitor. My understanding is that it is illegal to represent a person or organisation as a solicitor if not qualified.

You could have turned it around on them if it was a made up solicitor. My understanding is that it is illegal to represent a person or organisation as a solicitor if not qualified.

A quick Google search only resulted in people on forums etc saying it was a made up legal sounding name owned by the same company.

They never bothered me again after chucking the scary worded letter in the bin anyway.

I’d forgotten about it until now.

I would say i spend about 3k a year on bus lane fines and parking offences. Get several a month. Ignore all correspondence and occasionally a bailiff will rock up at my house telling me a grand or so and i make a payment. Most just give up i think. Been like this for over 20 years.

I would say i spend about 3k a year on bus lane fines and parking offences. Get several a month. Ignore all correspondence and occasionally a bailiff will rock up at my house telling me a grand or so and i make a payment. Most just give up i think. Been like this for over 20 years.
We know you've got more money than His Highness but you don't have to rub in the faces of us paupers mate.

We know you've got more money than His Highness but you don't have to rub in the faces of us paupers mate.

Not rubbing it in mate just think it is a peril of working in town - a knightmare getting in bus lanes etc. I am driving across town several times a day and it is fucking impossible not to get them. My point was most private companies dont seem to take you to court for private parking offences so dont shit it when they send threatening letters - vast majority are not subject to high court action.

Not rubbing it in mate just think it is a peril of working in town - a knightmare getting in bus lanes etc. I am driving across town several times a day and it is fucking impossible not to get them. My point was most private companies dont seem to take you to court for private parking offences so dont shit it when they send threatening letters - vast majority are not subject to high court action.
Yeah I get it bud, I've had a few myself, bus lanes in particular.

Another parking ticket ! This time at Bodmin Jail.

I put my Reg into the machine it said payment £1:50, I thought that's wrong so looked at how to change it. Couldnt find hiw so put my card in the machine took the £1:50.

Yesterday I hit a £100 fine that's £200 in two parking fines were both times I tried to pay the correct amount. From now on I will just park on the road when visiting somewhere. If I had deliberately try to avoid paying fair enough but I tired and their machines were at fault.

Don’t pay it mate. Firstly do you still have the ticket with the wrong reg on it? If so appeal the fine and photocopy the ticket you purchased. They will reject your appeal.

They will then write several threat-o-grams - once they threaten court explain to them your defence will be that there has been no loss to the landowner (as you paid) thus there is no tort of trespass or whatever they are going after you for. You will also need to mention that they should have checks and balances in place to see that no car entered the car park at that time with the reg you entered. This is part of their regulators code of conduct.

They will ignore your defence and issue court papers, file your defence online as per what you submitted to them. They won’t pay the court fee or respond to your defence and the case will be dismissed, you are then free to issue a cost claim against them for around £250 for your time and effort.

These firms abuse the court system and only pay the court fee if you don’t contest it. I’ve won a few times doing this where I’ve done exactly what you’ve done - when I’ve fucked up and parked and not paid correctly I’ve always paid the fine as it’s a “fair cop”. These firms are scum and play the numbers game.

Of course if you don’t have the parking ticket it will be a bit harder but as you paid on card you’ll still be able to show no loss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.