Parking Charge Notice advice

I have very recent experience of this - see attached.

I parked this hired campervan, and paid using the app I had already installed on my phone. Unfortunately, only my car was registered on the app, and I forgot to change this to the campervan when I parked. I ended up with a £100 fine as a consequence, reduced to £60 if paid promptly.

Using the appeal form on their website, I explained what had happened. They rejected the appeal, saying it was my fault, but reduced the payable amount to £20, which in effect covered their admin charges. I thought this was a very fair outcome, since I caused them those admin costs, so I paid the £20. All resolved within 24 hours of me getting the notification.

So, yes, I would appeal. I found Initial Parking to be very reasonable when the circumstances were explained to them.
24ff77fca604b8ec41588e2c5c1f08d8.jpg

thanks for that just sent in an appeal, fingers crossed !

Something for people to try with the number plate camera car parks :)

I've always thought covering up or obscuring the plates (only during entry and exit to car park, not driving down the road of course) like this would work but as I don't drive I haven't had a chance to try it out myself.

The main issue I have with these private parking charge notices is the DVLA selling my private information to companies without my consent just to make money? How are a government agency allowed to do this, especially with data protection rules these days?

Something for people to try with the number plate camera car parks :)

I've always thought covering up or obscuring the plates (only during entry and exit to car park, not driving down the road of course) like this would work but as I don't drive I haven't had a chance to try it out myself.

me too. unfortunately

Another parking ticket ! This time at Bodmin Jail.

I put my Reg into the machine it said payment £1:50, I thought that's wrong so looked at how to change it. Couldnt find hiw so put my card in the machine took the £1:50.

Yesterday I hit a £100 fine that's £200 in two parking fines were both times I tried to pay the correct amount. From now on I will just park on the road when visiting somewhere. If I had deliberately try to avoid paying fair enough but I tired and their machines were at fault.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.