Parking Charge Notice!

BillyBonds said:
gazhinio

Yes, I'm a Hammer who lurks in The Cellar. Saw this threadf and decided to join and give some advice as these PPC's (private parking companies) are a bunch of thieving bastards. So....

Do not ignore this, that is old advice as of about a year ago. These companies are becoming more litigious. Although these 'fake' pnc's are not enforceable in law as a police or council ticket, you can be taken to Court. I suggest you go here - <a class="postlink" href="http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/for ... .php?f=163</a> and have a read up and also join and start your own thread for advice. As suggested pepipoo has loads of advice as well
In the meantime -
*Go back to where you shopped with receipts, bank statements etc and tell the store manager(s) that as a valued customer you are outraged about this notice. Tell them you want it cancelled, they may try and fob you off, but these stores can and should cancel for genuine customers. The ppc's are agents of the store and landowner.
*If they refuse find out the email address of the CEO of the company(s) where you shopped and complain to them also. Make sure you tell the managers/CEO's you will never shop there again and you'll spread the word to friends and family.
*Read up on a 'soft appeal' to the ppc and getting a POPLA code from them on the forum linked above. Then follow advice re submitting an appeal to POPLA once you have it.
Hope this helps.
PS. Could you send a few reserve players out on loan to Upton Park. Thanks :))

Great first post, mate. Welcome to the forum :-)

tangaroa said:
BillyBonds said:
gazhinio

Yes, I'm a Hammer who lurks in The Cellar. Saw this threadf and decided to join and give some advice as these PPC's (private parking companies) are a bunch of thieving bastards. So....

Do not ignore this, that is old advice as of about a year ago. These companies are becoming more litigious. Although these 'fake' pnc's are not enforceable in law as a police or council ticket, you can be taken to Court. I suggest you go here - <a class="postlink" href="http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/for ... .php?f=163</a> and have a read up and also join and start your own thread for advice. As suggested pepipoo has loads of advice as well
In the meantime -
*Go back to where you shopped with receipts, bank statements etc and tell the store manager(s) that as a valued customer you are outraged about this notice. Tell them you want it cancelled, they may try and fob you off, but these stores can and should cancel for genuine customers. The ppc's are agents of the store and landowner.
*If they refuse find out the email address of the CEO of the company(s) where you shopped and complain to them also. Make sure you tell the managers/CEO's you will never shop there again and you'll spread the word to friends and family.
*Read up on a 'soft appeal' to the ppc and getting a POPLA code from them on the forum linked above. Then follow advice re submitting an appeal to POPLA once you have it.
Hope this helps.

Great first post, mate. Welcome to the forum :-)

why not just ring the company who issued the ticket ,pointing out the wrong dates thing ,
i would think thats checkmate .

gazhinio said:
Any advice guys?
Cheers

This is my thread on the same subject from just over a year ago
I ignored everything they sent

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=260909&p=5724774&hilit=parking#p5724774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=260909&p=5724774&hilit=parking#p5724774</a>

My customer also received a notice. He also ignored all the correspondence and hasn't heard since

I've glanced at the thread again and I received in total six letters in the space of eight weeks or so before they gave up. And regarding their credit rating threat, it wasn't affected as I took out a loan last year

I have had 2 in the last 6 months and have ignored both....the letters get more threatening but do stop after about the 5th or 6th and that was it haven't heared anymore

The law has been changed and they can pursue you in court.....but and it is a very big but...fair value comes into play and what these theiving twats want you to pay is not fair value....basically where I was concerned they wanted me to pay £60 for a 15minute overstay in a car park where the 1st 2 hours are free....the chances that a judge would allow this to stand are remote he/she would say that 2hours free but you want £60 for 15minutes how can that be right...they may uphold the parking companies claim but would award fair value which based on parking being free for 2 hours would be next to nothing for a 15min overstay....this is why these companies don't pursue all these non payers in court even though the law has been changed....

I would ignore it....and hope that I wasn't going to be in the 1% they do take all the way....even if they do take you all the way which is highly unlikely, you can argue fair value anyway

Also forgot to add....do not get in touch with or correspond with them even though the date is wrong....just throw each letter in the bin

oakiecokie - Fair point! As soon as though, please. :))

tangaroa - Thank for the welcome. I've lurked for a while as I especially like keeping up with the 'gifs of the day' thread :)

Re parking notice -

You can, as some have said ignore it and hope it'll go away but, as I pointed, out more of these companies are becoming litigious (especially Parking Eye fyi).
Personally, I'd try and nip it in the bud by complaining at the stores etc, as I've suggested.

big blueballs said:
I have had 2 in the last 6 months and have ignored both....the letters get more threatening but do stop after about the 5th or 6th and that was it haven't heared anymore
That usually was the case, but have a read of posts in that link, hundreds are now receiving Court papers more than a year after the original parking notice.

The law has been changed and they can pursue you in court
The law hasn't changed, it's just that they never bothered. The change has been that they can now pursue the registered keeper, and get their details through the DVLA if the driver isn't named.

.....but and it is a very big but...fair value comes into play and what these theiving twats want you to pay is not fair value....basically where I was concerned they wanted me to pay £60 for a 15minute overstay in a car park where the 1st 2 hours are free....the chances that a judge would allow this to stand are remote he/she There have been a few instances where the judge has gone against this as they are not as clued up on this as we'd like to think.
would say that 2hours free but you want £60 for 15minutes how can that be right...they may uphold the parking companies claim but would award fair value which based on parking being free for 2 hours would be next to nothing for a 15min overstay....this is why these companies don't pursue all these non payers in court even though the law has been changed....
You are correct to say some companies don't bother but if you ignore everything and then get Court papers you will have to submit a defence within 14 days and then produce an evidence bundle. You will then be faced with attending Court and either hoping the PPC don't attend or fighting your corner armed with your defence. If you ignore the Court papers or don't attend the PPC will win by default.

I would ignore it....and hope that I wasn't going to be in the 1% they do take all the way....even if they do take you all the way which is highly unlikely, you can argue fair value anyway
You can't just turn up and argue 'fair value'. You have to go through the Court system which is not worth the aggro' when this can be stopped early by either complaining or submitting an appeal. The forum I linked has a 100% win rate at POPLA for correctly worded appeals. the 'fair value' issue is a matter for the Judge to decide. The PPC's need to be attacked on their 'Genuine Pre Estimate of Losses' (search for that in the forum, you'll see what I mean) as well as other points.

Also forgot to add....do not get in touch with or correspond with them even though the date is wrong....just throw each letter in the bin
If you decide to appeal you will need to contact them to get a POPLA code (fortunately this costs them money and they have to provide one) again there is advice re wording to the PPC and getting a POPLA code within the forum. DO NOT name the driver in any corres'

gazhinio - Have a read of this thread <a class="postlink" href="http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4606145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=4606145</a> Although different circumstances, it'll highlight the points/advice I've been giving plus more.
At the end of the day it's your decision, but I strongly advise you to have a good read of the forum being you make a decision.

Anyway, good luck. I'll shut up now.........now where's that 'gifs' post with Susannah Reid on it..........

Thanks for the replys chaps!
Nice to hear from you Billy, you could be the new Mark85 if you play your cards right!
I'm going to ignore it, fuck um!!!

BillyBonds said:
gazhinio

In the meantime -
Hope this helps.

Best advice is to join MSE forum and go on their forums plenty of good advice on there and somebody will put you in the right direction. I've had a number of these and gone to this site for advice and how to get them cancelled.

BillyBonds said:

tangaroa - Thank for the welcome. I've lurked for a while as I especially like keeping up with the 'gifs of the day' thread :)

Re parking notice -

You can, as some have said ignore it and hope it'll go away but, as I pointed, out more of these companies are becoming litigious (especially Parking Eye fyi).
Personally, I'd try and nip it in the bud by complaining at the stores etc, as I've suggested.

big blueballs said:
That usually was the case, but have a read of posts in that link, hundreds are now receiving Court papers more than a year after the original parking notice.

The law hasn't changed, it's just that they never bothered. The change has been that they can now pursue the registered keeper, and get their details through the DVLA if the driver isn't named.

.....but and it is a very big but...fair value comes into play and what these theiving twats want you to pay is not fair value....basically where I was concerned they wanted me to pay £60 for a 15minute overstay in a car park where the 1st 2 hours are free....the chances that a judge would allow this to stand are remote he/she There have been a few instances where the judge has gone against this as they are not as clued up on this as we'd like to think.
would say that 2hours free but you want £60 for 15minutes how can that be right...they may uphold the parking companies claim but would award fair value which based on parking being free for 2 hours would be next to nothing for a 15min overstay....this is why these companies don't pursue all these non payers in court even though the law has been changed....
You are correct to say some companies don't bother but if you ignore everything and then get Court papers you will have to submit a defence within 14 days and then produce an evidence bundle. You will then be faced with attending Court and either hoping the PPC don't attend or fighting your corner armed with your defence. If you ignore the Court papers or don't attend the PPC will win by default.

You can't just turn up and argue 'fair value'. You have to go through the Court system which is not worth the aggro' when this can be stopped early by either complaining or submitting an appeal. The forum I linked has a 100% win rate at POPLA for correctly worded appeals. the 'fair value' issue is a matter for the Judge to decide. The PPC's need to be attacked on their 'Genuine Pre Estimate of Losses' (search for that in the forum, you'll see what I mean) as well as other points.

If you decide to appeal you will need to contact them to get a POPLA code (fortunately this costs them money and they have to provide one) again there is advice re wording to the PPC and getting a POPLA code within the forum. DO NOT name the driver in any corres'

gazhinio - Have a read of this thread <a class="postlink" href="http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4606145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=4606145</a> Although different circumstances, it'll highlight the points/advice I've been giving plus more.
At the end of the day it's your decision, but I strongly advise you to have a good read of the forum being you make a decision.

Anyway, good luck. I'll shut up now.........now where's that 'gifs' post with Susannah Reid on it..........
Thanks for getting back to my post, I hoped you would....and there are a hell of a lot of, ifs, buts and maybes in your response....i won't be paying any parking invoices I may collect in the foreseeable future no matter

As for judges not knowing about fair value, they would know if anyone taken to court did mention it, and one last thing BB which of the bent parking firms do you work for?

big blueballs said:
BillyBonds said:

Re parking notice -

big blueballs said:

Thanks for getting back to my post, I hoped you would....and there are a hell of a lot of, ifs, buts and maybes in your response....i won't be paying any parking invoices I may collect in the foreseeable future no matter

I agree, don't pay them, they are all beatable. Basically, I'm just trying to point out that the 'bin it' option is not the advice of the legal/motoring forums (Martin Lewis, pepipoo and others) at this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.