Parking restrictions at Asda Eastlands

I use ASDA car park as near to the steps as possible...

But I'm fortunate as I have a 'green' hexagon sticker that my mate gave me... they are issued to ASDA contractors and staff...

Anybody else got one of these?

There are a lot more people who park on there without paying the £5, it's incredibly easy. And depending on where you are going after the game, you can be out of there really quick. I drive past the Velodrome and up towards Droylsden through the back streets. I'm home within 25 minutes of getting into the car 90% of the time. It's a lot busier on Saturday 3pm kick offs but you can still get a quick getaway!

Just a warning to anybody thinking of parking on Bower St (side of Kippax pub) it is now a residents only parking when games are on. I got a £35 parking ticket last night. So be warned.
Sent an email to the council as I wasn't parked near any houses or causing an obstruction.
Obviously a cynical revenue generating scheme.

Is the £35 ticket discounted for quick payment or is that it?

I 'might' need to park really close tonight - I'm going to be there later than usual so I'm thinking of dumping the car on one of the streets as close as possible. Just want to know what my maximum liability is!!

Blueto said:
Just a warning to anybody thinking of parking on Bower St (side of Kippax pub) it is now a residents only parking when games are on. I got a £35 parking ticket last night. So be warned.
Sent an email to the council as I wasn't parked near any houses or causing an obstruction.
Obviously a cynical revenue generating scheme.

It has been residents only in the side streets for a long time.

Does that include the main road where the bridge is?

Millions park there

Anyone know if this is still imited to 1 hour 45 on a match day? The signs don't seem to say anymore, and since they've built that indoor skydiving place next door asdas car parks say 4 hours. But no mention of match day restrictions..

Anyone used it recently and know what the rules are?

Cheers

Got a ticket there once although that was probably because I was parked over two bays so I didn't get a scratch on my car rather than actually going to the game. It probably didn't help that they were disabled bays either.

It used to be 3 hours then club complained about that possibly making all the people running off at 80 min mark ... so Asda agreed to change it to 4 hours ... but I still see people running at 80 mins mark ... I really don’t know what’s going on ...

but yeah as far as Asda is concerned 4 hrs ... but count in that it can take an hour or even 1.5 hrs on some days trying to get out of there after the match ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.