Parking ticket

If you get a ticket issued by council or one of their contractors for parking on street ask for a copy of the TRO. The PCN cannot be enforced without a valid TRO.

I absolutely hate the way that us public are treated like some brainless mass which can be exploited for endless cash at any time... Or treated like shit by the police, treated like cattle at events, battered like fish at football matches, herded like sheep round endless road works where no one is actually WORKING, treated like idiots by our govn, totalitarianism it feels like.
You dont work in the catering trade by any chance..?

I agree entirely.

I’ve told this story before but a few years ago I left my car overnight in Morrisons car park in Chorlton. Had a letter through the post saying I owed £150 (or something like that amount).

No way was I paying that so I just ignored it.

Then had several letters through from some “solicitors” saying they were taking me to court etc unless I paid something stupid like two grand. A quick Google search made it clear this “solicitors” company wasn’t anything of the sort, it was a made up name owned by the car park people.

Binned that too and they just fucked off.

Bullshit scare tactics, don’t fell for it.

Load of cunts the lot of them these private car park people.

Legit penalty charge notices from the council are a totally different matter of course.
Pretending to be a solicitor is illegal you should have challenged them.

If the land you parked on was clearly signposted that you would be fined if you parked there etc then I’d just pay it. If you’ve got a valid/legal reason to not pay it then tell them why and be prepared to defend yourself in court.

About 3 or so years ago Mrs MB put the wrong reg in at a pay and display. A couple of weeks later a PCN arrives. I sent them a lengthy letter explaining why it wasn’t valid mostly based on no loss of earnings as parking was paid. They ignored it and issued court proceedings - I wrote a defence and submitted it. They didn’t do anything or pay the court fee so the case was cancelled. I then issued a cost claim (can’t remember name of form now) against them for about £300 for my time etc which was upheld. How these companies work is they issue a court summons - if you defend it (and I presume it’s a reasonable defence) they won’t pay the fee and case gets cancelled from the list (they are free to reissue the claim later), if you don’t defend they’ll pay the fee and get a CCJ against you for some overinflated amount. It’s a scam and an abuse of our legal system - how they can issue a court summons without paying anything is a mystery. Good old tax payer is obviously covering that part in printing and posting out particulars.
Jesus was that 3 years ago?

Just got a parking charge notice through the post from Parkingeye, was picking young miss Gaz up from drama last week and was early so ended up in the car park for 55 minutes from 7:44pm until 8:39pm apparently the allowed time is 30 minutes, shall I just put it down to experience and pay the cunts or ignore it?

Goes without saying ill be burning down their offices (wherever they may be) once ive decided whether to pay or not

I was parked in the car.park at the back of the forum at civic centre on 2 June. Paid and put ticket in window. Last week I had a letter forward to me from.my old address. It was a debt collection agency saying as I had not paid the fine for parking outside of the designated lines of the parking bay my fine has increased to £170!!!
I did not have a ticket on my car when left the car park so obviously didn't know there was a problem. Can it escalate that quick or could it be a scam?
The only thing going in my favour is the fact they have not go my new address, so I am hoping if it is legit they can't come after me as I have moved.
They have given me until 3rd July to pay. I an seriously considering not paying. I have not seen any proof from them.
The burden of proof must be with the company who issued the ticket surely?

I was parked in the car.park at the back of the forum at civic centre on 2 June. Paid and put ticket in window. Last week I had a letter forward to me from.my old address. It was a debt collection agency saying as I had not paid the fine for parking outside of the designated lines of the parking bay my fine has increased to £170!!!
I did not have a ticket on my car when left the car park so obviously didn't know there was a problem. Can it escalate that quick or could it be a scam?
The only thing going in my favour is the fact they have not go my new address, so I am hoping if it is legit they can't come after me as I have moved.
They have given me until 3rd July to pay. I an seriously considering not paying. I have not seen any proof from them.
The burden of proof must be with the company who issued the ticket surely?
So DVLA have the wrong address for you?
That’s a £1000 fine…
It’s an offence to not update addresses.

Just got a parking charge notice through the post from Parkingeye, was picking young miss Gaz up from drama last week and was early so ended up in the car park for 55 minutes from 7:44pm until 8:39pm apparently the allowed time is 30 minutes, shall I just put it down to experience and pay the cunts or ignore it?

Goes without saying ill be burning down their offices (wherever they may be) once ive decided whether to pay or not
I would pay it. Parking Eye are the Galactic Empire of parking companies

So DVLA have the wrong address for you?
That’s a £1000 fine…
It’s an offence to not update addresses.
When I moved, 4 years ago i changed the address on my Driving Licence. So DVLA in relation to my driving licence have up to date details. It just never occurred to me about change.of address for my car. I know its a £1000 fine. The car was sold on the 5th of this month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.