Parking ticket

Just got a parking charge notice from parking eye.

Pulled into a completely empty KFC car park at 6.15am to type where I was going into my phone, Internet playing up, took 10mins for it to load properly.

Parking notice has me in the car park 10min and 24 secs, max staying time 0mins, don't know how that works.

£60 reduced fine, £100 if not discounted.

Have I got a leg to stand on?

Pulled into a completely empty KFC car park at 6.15am to type where I was going into my phone, Internet playing up, took 10mins for it to load properly.

Parking notice has me in the car park 10min and 24 secs, max staying time 0mins, don't know how that works.

Post your story on the Pepipoo website
You'll receive some great trustworthy advice
They helped me appeal a fine I'd received on Oxford road

If its a KFC you may have a chicken leg to stand on.

Sorry

Actually, no I'm not

Last edited:

Seem to be a few comments on Money Saving Expert forums about this, a few relating to the one in Walkden where it’s a shared car park with the rest of the shops. Some people saying they got them cancelled once they explained the situation.

Seem to be a few comments on Money Saving Expert forums about this, a few relating to the one in Walkden where it’s a shared car park with the rest of the shops. Some people saying they got them cancelled once they explained the situation.

That's the car park! I've been in it before so assumed I was okay.

Went back tonight to check it tonight and just that one specific time between midnight and 10am when you can't.

I wouldn't mind but there was a 1000 spaces I could have parked in, didn't realise these 20-30 spaces near KFC were owned by parkingeye.

That's the car park! I've been in it before so assumed I was okay.

Went back tonight to check it tonight and just that one specific time between midnight and 10am when you can't.

I wouldn't mind but there was a 1000 spaces I could have parked in, didn't realise these 20-30 spaces near KFC were owned by parkingeye.
People have been fined for actually eating the food they bought in the KFC in their car in that car park, it seems. What a scam.

My opinion is if you cannot read the sign and get the necessary details from it BEFORE you enter the car park then it is unfair to issue a parking fine based on the zero minutes threshold they have stated as it makes it impossible to avoid the fine. If they had said "two minutes" or something like that then they would be confirming that they are giving people time to park and check the sign before realising their error but they may have inadvertently provided a loophole. If the pictures on that link are still the same ones, then there is no mention of a parking fine on the sign as you approach and actually refers you to the signage in the car park for full details, hence "inviting" you in.

I've never had to fight one of these PCNs and don't have any experience so just take that on board and look at the advice on MSE to decide if you want to challenge it.

You are allowed 10 minutes after entering a car park before purchasing a ticket before being invoiced for a penalty. If you decide to leave within 10 minutes for what ever reason no penalty should be issued. I have an on going case with Parking Eye. In November last year I parked in a pub car park. I went to the pub just as they were taking the stock out as it had closed down two days before so I was refused access. Parking Eyes contract terms and conditions said I had to register my car reg in the pub. This was impossible term of the contract to do as it had closed 2 days earlier. An impossible term or condition invalidates the Contract. Parking Eye and POPLAR the Appeals procedure staff are not legally qualified and don’t understand Contract Law even though I quoted the specific sections of the legislation. They have threatened Court action and I have said great bring it on. I will apply for the case to be transferred to my local Court and have my day in it. It’s gone very quiet for the last 7 months so I don’t know whether they will pursue it. If it ever goes to court and I lose I will take it to the next higher court on a point of law. The important thing is don’t ignore it otherwise you are an easy target.

Just got stung a 60 quid 'fine' from Europarks for waiting 22 minutes in a pub car park to meet someone.
(sounds a bit shifty I know).
The pub was shut, it was 7am and I didn't even see the notice as it was dark and no lighting on anywhere.
Cunts.

I parked at the fort once, did a bit of shopping, I was only there about 5 hours yet when I got back there was something under my window wiper, it read 'Parking Fine'
I wasn't even inbetween the lines! There's still some good people out there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.