Past signings you were "excited" about...

When we got back in the premiership under Joe Royle, I heard the news on the way to work one morning and we had signed Wanchope and Weah on the same day. After all the years of struggling I thought, we are back!

Rascal said:
We were linked to buying Kenny Dalgiesh in the late 70s, he cost Liverpool £440,000, instead we bought Mick Channon for £300,000

King Kenny was 10 times the player of Channon.

Dalgiesh is one of the best players i have ever seen, Channon lasted no time with us.

I was most excited when we bought fat bob

kk was and still is one of the best players to grace the game.

Weah and Wanchope were immense news on the day. Ball gave Phillips a huge intro, but in those days we were preoared to believe in anything. I remember (not well) us signing a midfiled player from Boro in 1990, and we were made up on holiday to hear. We met some lads from there in Faliraki and they said he was shite. And he was!
Brannaghan or something? (Bit pissed now so names may be wrong)

Tony Adcock said:
Bojinov......

Still reckon he would have been immense for us but for those injuries.

Not sure what he's unto these days

Same. I reckon he could've been class. Shame about the injuries.

dave watson
mick channon
trevor francis
sergio aguero

all top of the tree when they came to us with mileage remaining. only channon disappointed

Darius Vassell. At £2 million our only signing in the summer of 2005. I was well chuffed at the time but it was only 7 years ago which shows just how far we came in a very short time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.